- Environmental Engineering Training
- Wastewater Treatment - Design, Operation and Optimization for Small and Medium Sized Communities
This seminar addresses issues regarding the technology and operation of wastewater systems in view of enhancing their efficiency. In addition, this seminar addresses stand alone biological systems, lagoons and large subsurface systems.
- Course Outline
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- recognize the complexity of wastewater treatment
- gain knowledgeable to question the rationale of the engineering proposals
- appreciate as the owner of a system the need to operate the systems in an optimized manner and learn about troubleshooting
- develop skills necessary for trouble-free operation of small and medium sized communities' wastewater treatment systems
The continued efficient operation of wastewater systems in small and medium sized communities without detrimental environmental impact is a growing concern for wastewater system owners. With limited funds available to the owners as well as regulatory agencies, the task of sewage treatment and disposal is becoming increasingly difficult.
This seminar addresses issues regarding the technology and operation of wastewater systems in view of enhancing their efficiency. In addition to conventional systems, this seminar addresses stand alone biological systems, lagoons and large subsurface systems. The course will touch on sludge treatment and disposal.
To develop skills necessary for trouble-free operation of small and medium sized communities' wastewater treatment systems
Who Should Attend
- Designers & Operators of wastewater systems associated with stand-alone facilities
- Municipal Personnel responsible for enforcing regulations
- Consulting Engineers involved in design of such systems
Welcome, Introduction, Workshop Preview, Learning Outcomes and the Assessment Method
Wastewater Properties and Characterization
Treatment Theory and Practice of Stand-Alone Technologies
- Biological and physical - chemical waste treatment
- Design considerations
- Operation (SRT and F / M) and troubleshooting for efficient treatment
- BOD, SS, Nitrogen, Phosphorus removal
- Clarifier design, operation and troubleshooting
Waste Treatment Technologies for Removing Carbonaceous Suspended Growth and Nutrients
- Suspended growth systems
- Fixed films as stand - alone or incorporated in suspended growth systems
- Nutrient removal
- Sequencing batch reactors
- Membrane technologies
- Lagoons (aerated, facultative, non aerated)
- Sand filtration
- "Biosolids" land application, lime stabilization, composting
Concluding Remarks and Final Adjournment
8:00 Registration and Coffee (Day I only)
8:30 Session begins
There will be a one hour lunch break each day in addition to a refreshment and networking break during each morning and afternoon session.
Ronald Zaloum, Ph. D., has earned his Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering at McGill University, Montreal, a Masters in Environmental Engineering at McMaster University, Hamilton and his Ph. D. in Environmental Studies at Metz University, France. Prior to retiring, he was Program Manager with Environment Canada, Quebec Regional Office, in Montreal, where he was involved in municipal and industrial wastewater treatment.
Dr. Zaloum was Adjunct Professor and Researcher at the Department of Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics at McGill University.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1.2 CEU / 12 PDH
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 540 times.