Pay just a little more for a superior learning experience. In this QuickBooks 2010/2011 course you will learn how to set up a new company, manage bank account transactions, maintain customer, job, & vendor information, manage inventory, bank transactions
- Course Outline
This course covers the fundamentals of using QuickBooks 2010/2011 to track the finances of a small business. Students will learn how to set up a new company, manage bank account transactions, maintain customer, job, and vendor information, manage inventory, generate reports, and use the Company Snapshot window. Students will also create invoices and credit memos, write and print checks, add custom fields, set up budgets, and learn how to protect and back up their data.
This course cost a few dollars more that most ... for good reasons:
- This is a hands on course - no sitting in a hotel room listing to a trainer and following along with some handouts. You get to learn and practice the skills.
- Each student gets their own computer - no sharing of computers, you will work 100% of the time on your own computer.
- Each student gets a printed manual - a fully bound, comprehensive document that you will be able to refer to long after the session.
- Maximum 6 students - so there is a lot of time to ask questions and get personalized attention from the teacher.
- Guaranteed to run! - Even with one student we guarantee the class will run.
About the Instructor
Carolyn Rowe, CGACarolyn has over 15 years experience working in the accounting field. Before becoming anindependent accountant and software trainer, she worked in numerous accounting roles, ranging from Corporate Accountant for a large franchisor to a Controller for a car leasing/sales company. Carolyn is also a Certified Quickbooks Advisor and a Simply Accounting Solution Provider. Her experience has allowed her to work with a myriad of businesses and has given her great experience in various industries. Along with this broad foundation of expertise, she has a strong ability to assess the accounting and software needs of her clients and provide a service that exceeds expectations.
What You'll Learn
- Opening and closing company files and sample files
- Navigating the home screen
- Using the help section
- Chart of Accounts: creating new accounts, editing accounts and deleting accounts.
- Navigating the vendor centre
- Creating/editing vendors
- Entering bills and paying bills.
- Writing cheques
- Fixing mistakes " editing, deleting and voiding transactions.
- Item list - creating, editing and deleting inventory items
- Creating purchase orders
- Receiving items
- Entering bills against received items
- Paying bills
- Writing cheques
- Navigating the customer centre
- Creating/editing customers
- Item list - creating, editing and deleting service items
- Creating estimates
- Creating invoices
- Brief overview of customizing invoices
- Receiving payments
- Making deposits
- Creating statements
- Fixing mistakes - editing, deleting and voiding transactions
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Entering credit card charges
- Reconciling credit card statements
- Transfering funds
- Navigating the employee centre
- Creating/editing employees
- Brief overview to paying employees
- Manage sales taxes window
- Brief overview to filing HST returns
- Set up a company using the easy step interview
- Backing up and restoring a company file
- Report centre
- Filtering reports
- Memorizing reports
- Brief overview of setting preferences
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Please Note: This is not an accounting course. The students should already know the fundamentals of bookkeeping, including basic accounting terminology.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
JN Software Consulting works hard to schedule our training and other services around your life, for your
convenience. With that in mind we have the following cancellation policy for all booked training.
- Less than 48 hours: Full quoted fee
- Less than 5 business days: 20% of quoted fee
- NSF Charge Policy
Clients will incur a $40 charge for any NSF cheques
- Map & Reviews
JN Software Consulting
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2517 times.