Learn to configure, maintain & operate the Cisco 4215 IDS Sensor as well as learn to secure Cisco IOS router & switch networks. CCNA Certification is strongly recommended as a prerequisite. Designed for those preparing for SNRS & IPS Certification exams
- Course Outline
- Technicians requiring CCSP Certification.
- Technicians using or designing networks with Cisco security products.
- Technicians requiring CCSP Certification or IPS Specialist Certification.
- Technicians using or designing networks with Cisco IPS products
Skills taught • Deploy, configure, and administer Cisco IPS sensors to protect network devices as well as efficiently manage IPS alarms.
• Secure a network using existing Cisco IOS security including Trust and Identy with Identity Based Networking Service; Network Foundation Protection including securing the Control, Management and Data Plane
• Invoke Secured Connectivity with IPsec and VPNs, and implement Adaptive Threat Defense by configuring Cisco Classic and Zone-Based Firewalls and Cisco IOS IPS
Course outline • Defining Security Fundamentals
• Explaining Intrusion Prevention
• Getting Started with the IPS Command-Line Interface
• Using IPS Device Manager
• Configuring the Sensor
• Working with Signatures and Alerts
• Describing Signature Engines
• Configuring Signatures
• Tuning the Sensor
• Configuring Blocking
• Maintaining the Sensor
• Monitoring the Sensor
• Installing and Maintaining the NM-CIDS
• Installing and Maintaining the IDSM-2
• Network Address Translation
• Cisco Secure ACS for Windows Configuration
• Configuring Cisco IOS Security Features
• Layer 2 Security
• Cisco IOS-Based Virtual Private Networks
• Cisco Security Device Manager (SDM)
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- CCNA strongly recommended - ICND recommended - IINS recommended
- Cancellation Policy
Compuease Cancellation Policy
We at Compuease work hard to arrange our schedules around your needs. Last minute cancellations put additional strain on our schedules and therefore we have the following Cancellation Policy for our Public Classes. You may cancel or reschedule a registration at any time up to 10 business days before the class without penalty. Canceling or rescheduling a registration within 10 business days requires full payment of the course fee. You are welcome to transfer your seat in a class to another individual at any time before the class.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 408 times.