This course introduces the fundamentals of IT Service Management (ITSM) based on Version 3 of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). It describes the key concepts, processes, functions and roles of the ITIL service lifecycle.
- Course Outline
This course introduces the fundamentals of IT Service Management (ITSM) based on Version 3 of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®). It describes the key concepts, processes, functions and roles of the ITIL® service lifecycle. The course is made up of lectures, full student notes and the exciting, hands-on Polestar Service Management Simulation. This unique experiential learning approach causes breakthrough understanding of service management best practice and transforms learning into an engaging, fun and highly memorable shared experience. The course also prepares attendees for the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate examination (exam is included).
IT professionals interested in understanding the content and concepts of ITIL® Version 3.
- Executives and key stakeholders
- Process Owners and Managers
- Senior technical and operational staff
- IT professionals and Consultants
- IT customers
An effective lecture and activity based format designed at achieving a clear understanding of the new ITIL® V3 Best Practice and Service Management Lifecycle approach, Service Models and Framework, ITIL® common language, processes definitions and relationships, benefits, and goals.
This course will prepare participants for the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certification exam.
- Overview of the drivers for ITIL® V3
- Key differences between ITIL® V2 and ITIL® V3 - New concepts, definitions and terminology - Key processes and functions
Facilitated in a fast paced global high technology scenario, the Polestar ITSM simulation brings to life the service management and process issues faced by organizations, and encourages strategic partnership between IT and the business. This is done with a range of realistic, exhilarating scenarios that participants easily understand and relate to the objectives of.
Introduction to Service Management
- The evolution of Service Management
- Definition of Service and Service Management
- Service Management as a best practice
- The importance of adopting a service and continual improvement culture and approach
- Interface to other framework and standards (i.e. ISO/IEC 20000)
- Objectives and business value
- The main components within the five stages in the lifecycle: Service Strategy - Service Design - Service Transition - Service Operation - Continual Service Improvement
- Types of Service Providers
- Five key aspects of Service Design
- The 7 "R's" of Change Management
- Continual Service Improvement model
- The need for IT Governance and control
- Process development characteristic and guidelines
- Service Desk
- Application Management,
- Operations Management
- Technical Management
- Key roles and responsibilities
- Use of RACI Charts
- Technology and Architecture considerations
- Service Portfolio Management
- Service Level Management
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Demand Management
- Financial Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- Supplier Management
- Information Security Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Event Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Access Management
- The 7 step improvement process
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion * Program Material The Foundation V3 training program includes the following as reference documentation: • Course Manual • Exam study guide • ITIL V3 acronyms and glossary • Sample examination questions and answers
- Cancellation Policy
Students are required to give notice if they are unable to attend their class:
2 weeks (10 full business days) or longer prior to training date = full refund
1 to 2 weeks (5 - 9 full business days) prior to training date = 50% of course fee refund
Less than 1 week (4 full business days or fewer) prior to training date = 0% refund
NOTE: You may substitute classes or students at any time.
- Map & Reviews
New Era Technology Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 778 times.