You will be taught the use of tools that allow the discovery and management of expectations commonly encountered among stakeholders and team.
- Course Outline
This course dives deep into the definition of what an expectation is, reveals how stakeholder wants and beliefs interact with the project plan, demonstrates two kinds of expectations and explains steps that you can take to keep stakeholder expectations in alignment with the objectives of the project. You will be taught the use of tools that allow the discovery and management of expectations commonly encountered among stakeholders and team.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Know the Impact of unknown expectations
- Uncover hidden expectations
- Listen for stakeholder Wants and Beliefs
- Understand the importance of stakeholder alignment to plan
- Know what to do when expectations do not match plan
- Know what to do when expectations do not match reality
- Know what actions you can take to manage expectations
- What is an expectation?
- How do we manage expectations?
- Applying what we just learned
This course is designed for Project Managers, Managers of Project Mangers, Functional Managers with project responsibility, and Project Management Office staff.
A. Define expectations
B. Why they are important
C. PMBOK says
D. Roadmap for rest of workshop
II. What is an expectation?
A. Targets and baselines
B. Beliefs and Wants
C. Consonant and Dissonant
D. Combine with plan
III. How do we manage expectations?
A. Discover them
1. Know your stakeholders
2. Stakeholder Expectations Matrix
3. Exercise: Expectations checklist
B. Align them
1. When to change the Want
2. When to change the Belief
3. When to change the Plan
1. Watch for unforeseen risk
IV. Applying what we just learned
A. Communities Analysis
B. Stakeholders list
C. Based on what you know, fill out Stakeholder Expectations Matrix
- Prerequisites & Certificates
This course assumes familiarity with basic project management concepts as well as some experience in the planning and execution of projects.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 Day cancellation required for all courses in order to get a full refund.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 337 times.