Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 acts as a tool that assists you in managing your projects. In this course, you will create and modify a project plan.
- Course Outline
You need to gather information about the various tasks involved, resources required to accomplish the tasks, and the overall cost in order to plan a project. Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007 acts as a tool that assists you in managing your projects. In this course, you will create and modify a project plan.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the Microsoft Office Project environment and the various views in which you can verify project information
- Create a new project plan
- Manage tasks by organizing them and setting task relationships
- Manage resources in a project plan
- Finalize the project plan
- Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Creating a Project Plan
- Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Finalizing the Project Plan
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage these project plans.
I. Getting Started with Microsoft Project
A. Explore the Microsoft Project 2007 Environment
B. Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
II. Creating a Project Plan
A. Create a New Project Plan
B. Assign a Project Calendar
C. Add Tasks to the Project Plan
D. Enter the Task Duration Estimates
E. Add Resources in the Project Plan
III. Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
A. Outline Tasks
B. Add a Recurring Task
C. Link Dependent Tasks
D. Set a Constraint to a Task
E. Set a Task Deadline
F. Add Notes to a Task
IV. Managing Resources in a Project Plan
A. Create a Resource Calendar
B. Assign Resources to Tasks
C. Assign Additional Resources to a Task
D. Enter Costs for Resources
E. Enter Values for Budget Resources
F. Resolve Resource Conflicts
V. Finalizing the Project Plan
A. Display the Critical Path
B. Shorten the Project Duration
C. Set a Baseline
D. Print a Project Summary Report
- Prerequisites & Certificates
• An understanding of project management concepts or have taken Managing Small Projects, Project Planning for Success, or Project Management Boot Camp • Knowledge of a Windows operating system, either Windows XP or Windows Vista.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 Day cancellation required for all courses in order to get a full refund.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 166 times.