The COBIT Foundation Certificate program is intended to enable the course participants to apply the COBIT Governance Framework guidelines to their IT Service Management programs.
- Course Outline
The COBIT Foundation Certificate program is intended to enable the course participants to apply the COBIT Governance Framework guidelines to their IT Service Management programs. The course is taught by experience instructors who bring real ITSM life experiences into the classroom, the deliver approach combines theoretical and hands-on knowledge transfer, including exercises.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Understand how IT management issues are affecting organizations
• Understand the need for a control framework driven by the need for IT Governance
• See how COBIT meets the requirement for an IT Governance Framework
• See how COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
• Understand the functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT
• Use the COBIT Framework and all the components of COBIT (Control Objectives, Control Practices, Management Guidelines, and Assurance Guidelines)
• Apply COBIT in a practical situation
• See how the use of COBIT is supported by the ITGI
• Introduction to COBIT
• The need for control and a control framework
• Introduction to COBIT Terminology
• Applying COBIT in practice
• Introduction to Implementation Tools
The target group for this program is:
• Individuals who require an understanding of COBIT Governance framework, associated processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
• IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITSM as its standard to managing IT Services
• This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
I. Introduction to COBIT
A. Positioning of COBIT from control objectives to IT governance
B. Governance concepts and IT issues and how COBIT is useful in these matters
II. The need for control and a control framework
A. What is the business risk?
B. Achieving business objectives
C. Defining what is control
D. How to control and manage IT processes
E. The benefits of using COBIT to support control and governance of IT
III. Introduction to COBIT Terminology
A. COBIT as an IT Framework
B. The Information Criteria
C. Information Resources
D. The Domains
E. The IT Processes
F. The Control Objectives
G. The Management Guidelines
H. The Audit Guidelines
IV. Applying COBIT in practice
V. Introduction to Implementation Tools
*Exam on April 20
- Prerequisites & Certificates
There are no formal prerequisites for this program. However, it is recommended that course participants possess: • General knowledge of ITSM best practices • 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management environment
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 Day cancellation required for all courses in order to get a full refund.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 233 times.