In this hands-on course you will learn the principles of Software Quality Assurance and Testing. The course focuses on developing practical software testing skills.
- Course Outline
Advance your career through professional development training in Software Quality Assurance
Quality is a key measure of any projects success. To achieve this, companies need to plan and perform a systematic set of activities called Software Quality Assurance (SQA) and testing to maintain the quality of software before delivery. It helps in reducing the software cost and increasing customer satisfaction through prevention of software defects.
In this hands-on course you will learn the principles of Software Quality Assurance and Testing. The course focuses on developing practical software testing skills. You will experience the entire software testing life cycle that will involve designing test plans, writing test cases, performing testing and reporting bugs. You will learn to use industry leading automation tools such as QTP, Load Runner and Quality Center. The emphasis of the course is on hands-on training on tools & techniques that can immediately be put to use at workplace.
• Capture user requirements and generate test plan and test cases for application testing.
• Focus on both Desktop and Web application testing for functional, regression and Load testing.
• Ability to use industry’s leading automation tools such as Quick Test Professional (QTP), Load runner and Mercury Quality center.
• Extensive understanding of testing types through real world projects, class exercises and case studies.
• Hands-on learning on writing SQL queries for database testing, VB scripting and basic Unix commands.
• Advanced knowledge in QTP to enhance and accelerate your descriptive programming skills.
Who Should Attend
Any individual who would simply like to increase their understanding of Software testing or manual testers who want to learn the automation tools for career or professional development objectives.
Day 1: Quality Assurance Process, Testing Basics and Oracle
• Software Quality Assurance
• SDLC & STLC, SDLC Models
• Testing Concepts, Test Plan, Test Case, Types of Testing
• Oracle RDBMS Basics, SQL statements
• Defect Management
Day 2: Win Runner, Quick Test Professional (QTP)
• Win runner Fundamentals, GUI map files, Record/Playback
• Basics of QTP, Object Spy, Object Repository, Function Library
• QTP Record/Playback, Synchronization, Types of Checkpoints
• QTP Parameters, Output Value
Day 3: Quick Test Professional (Contd.), Quality Center
• QTP working with Data Tables, Actions
• QTP Running and Debugging tests, Analyzing results
• VB Script, Scripting in QTP
• Defect tracking and Reporting using Quality Center
• Modules of QC
• Connecting QTP to QC
Day 4: Load Runner
• Load and Performance Testing
• Load runner Components
• Create, Run, Monitor and Analyze Load
• Virtual User Generator (VuGen)
• Load runner Controller and Creating Load runner Test Scenario
• Load runner Performance Monitor
Day 5: Advanced QTP, Descriptive Programming, Unix
• Recovery Scenarios, Regular Expressions
• Working with Web Tables, XML, Databases, Excel, Word/Notepad, Internet Explorer
• Descriptive Programming
• UNIX, VI Editor
• Samples and Case Studies discussed
Ruchi is a software quality analyst with around 8 years of professional and academic experience. She has worked as a quality analyst for clients in retail industry in USA. She has extensive experience in manual and automation testing for desktop and web applications and is an expert in databases, operating systems and programming languages.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before taking this course, participants should have at least 2-3 years of general business experience (any role) and/or sound understanding of computers.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
# A full 3 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date. Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee for that course date will be charged.There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 3 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 3 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 453 times.