Topics included in this course: Introduction; Working with Forms & Controls; Using Variables & Arrays; Working with Procedures; Decision Structures & Loops; Validating User Input; Object-Oriented Programming n Visual Basic .NET; Handling Errors & Excepti
- Course Outline
• Basic .NET concepts
• Exploring the development environment
• Creating a visual basic .NET project
• Lab - creating your first application in visual basic .NET
Working with Forms and Controls
• Understanding programming concepts
• Working with windows forms
• Working with controls
• Styling your code
• Lab – creating the main form
Using Variables and Arrays
• Introduction to data types
• Using Variables
• Variables scope
• Converting data structures
• Creating and using structures
• Storing data in arrays
• Lab – creating and using variables
- using structures and arrays
Working with Procedures
• Creating procedures
• Using procedures
• Using predefined functions
• Lab – creating and using procedures
Decision Structures and Loops
• Using conditional expressions
• Using decision structures
• Using conditional loop structures
• Lab – using decision structures
Validating User Input
• Restricting user input
• Validating field data
• Validating form data
• Lab – validating user input
Object-Oriented Programming n Visual Basic .NET
• Understanding classes
• Working with classes
• Using shared members
• Inheritance, polymorphism, and namespaces
• Lab – creating a derived class
Handling Errors and Exceptions
• Types of errors
• Using the debugger
• Handling exceptions
• Lab – implementing structured exception handling
Enhancing the User Interface
• Creating menus
• Creating status bars
• Creating toolbars
Web Forms and XML Web Services
• Working with web forms
• Using XML web services
• Lab – creating a web application
• Database concepts
• Overview of ADO.NET
• Working with data
• Lab – accessing data with ADO.NET
• Introduction to deployment
• Deploying a Windows-based Application
• Lab – deploying an application
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
# A full 3 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date. Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee for that course date will be charged.There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 3 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 3 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 488 times.