The Novell ZENworks 10.3 Configuration Management Administration course teaches students the fundamental concepts, processes, and architecture of Novell ZCM 10.
- Course Outline
The Novell ZENworks 10.3 Configuration Management Administration course teaches students the fundamental concepts, processes, and architecture of Novell ZCM 10. Using Novell ZENworks Configuration Management 10.3 utilities, the student will learn to perform basic administrative tasks and enhance their knowledge and skills by performing more involved administrative tasks (such as migrating ZENworks 7 Desktop Management or implementing patch management) for products that are integrated into ZCM 10 SP3.
* Describe Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
* Install Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
* Migrate a Traditional ZENworks Environment to ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
* Register Devices for ZENworks Configuration Management
* Manage ZENworks Bundling
* Configure ZENworks Configuration Management Policies
* Configure Remote Management
* Image Computers with ZENworks Configuration Management
* Manage Inventory and Data Collection
* Run ZENworks Configuration Management Reports
Intermediate - This course requires some prior knowledge. Students should have some knowledge or some experience of the prerequisites before taking this course.
This course is designed for:
* Novell software system administrators, integrators, and engineers
* Networking consultants
* Reseller/partner technical support staff
* New Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management customers
Established Novell software administrators with no ZENworks 10 experience can take this course if they are already familiar with using eDirectory (and related tools such as iManager) and have some experience administering products such as ZENworks Desktop Management.
New Novell customers tasked with evaluating or administering Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management can also attend this course but should have a basic familiarity with Novell eDirectory, Microsoft Active Directory, and Windows Server.
* SECTION 1 - Describe Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
- Plan Your Implementation, Review Requirements, and Perform Standard and Unattended Installation
- Access ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Tools and Configure User Sources
- Plan and Perform a Standard and Unattended Installation
- Migrate Data from ZENworks Desktop Management to ZENWorks 10 Configuration Management Using Best Practices
- Configure Registration Keys and Rules
- Distribute, Create and Manage Bundles and Configure Action Sets and Actions
- Describe and Use ZENworks Software Packaging - AdminStudio
- Describe and Create ZENworks Configuration Management Policies
- Manage Policies, Policy Groups, and Folders
- Describe and Set Up ZENworks Remote Management and Manage Remote Sessions
- Describe ZENworks Remote Management Security Issues
- Describe and Set Up Preboot Services and Imaging
- Configure Image Safe Data and Configure and Use Imaging
- Scan Managed Devices, Inventory-Only Devices, and Demographic Data
- Manage Component Data and Product Data
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before taking this course, you should have a basic understanding of networks and networking (as introduced in the CompTIA Network+ certification). In addition, you should be familiar with the fundamentals of an LDAP-compliant Directory service (such as Novell eDirectory or Microsoft Active Directory). Some experience with fundamental Linux administration will also be helpful.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
There is no refund available for:
* Courses paid for using vouchers.
* Cancellations less than 10 business days before the first day of class.
* Classes in progress or completed.
* Days where the student did not attend.
If the course is "Guaranteed To Run", then a 20% administrative fee is applied for all cancellations.
Spark National will provide a full refund when the above cases do not apply
- Map & Reviews
Spark National Technical Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 429 times.