This course is designed for users who want to push into a better design knowledge of Hyper Text Mark up Language (HTML) & Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). The purpose of this course is to teach current web design techniques, trends, & styles...
- Course Start Date: Aug. 17
- Location: Edmonton
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 Days
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:HTML Training Classes
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This course is designed for users who want to push into a better design knowledge of Hyper Text Mark up Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). The purpose of this course is to teach current web design techniques, trends, and styles. This course specializes in creating clean code for easier editing, quicker load times,and optimal customization.
This “Level 2” course covers:
Colour theory, design structure, repeating backgrounds, image maximization, analytics tools, favicons, custom buttons, current CSS and HTML, Typography and custom fonts, finding a host for your site, locking folders.
- The browser wars
- CSS and browser support
- The browser wars
- The push for standards
- Planning your page
- Color Scheme
- The inspiration of others
- Custom Navigation
- Designing your site
- Creating multiple linked pages
- Editing web pages
- Organizing files
- File Names
- Tips and tools to read others code
- Starting your web page
- Creating the foundation
- Adding comments
- Labeling elements in a web page
- Using a monospaced font
- Using preformatted text
- Quoting text
- Creating superscripts and subscripts
- Centering elements on a page
- Choosing an image editor
- The save for web command
- Optimizing images on a page
- Specifying size for speedier viewing
- Scaling an image
- Making images smaller
- Making images repeat
- Creating ordered and unordered lists
- Choosing your markers (bullets)
- Choosing where to start list numbering
- Using custom markers
- Controlling where markers hang
- Setting all list-style properties at once
- Creating definition lists
- Styling nested lists
- Finding a host for your site
- Getting your own domain name
- Transferring files to the server
- Custom Repeating backgrounds
- About keywords
- Explicitly listing keywords
- Providing a description of your page
- Submitting your site to a search engine
- Improving your ranking by getting linked
- Locking Folders
- Controlling other information
- The cascade
- Length Units
- Font families, weights and size
- Font matching
- Creating your own Custom Fonts
- Controling floats by wrapping
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Website Design Using HTML/CSS Level 1 or previous knowledge and/or experience writting HTML or CSS
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business days cancellation or full course fee will be charged
- Map & Reviews
Technology Training Centre
[ View Provider's Profile ]
TTC, B-11 Cameron Library
University of Alberta
Canada T6G 2J8
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 51 times.