Topics of study include infrastructure components affecting unity design, large-scale voicemail only systems, Cisco Unity deployment models, and voicemail interoperability.
- Course Outline
This course focuses on the design of sustainable, complex Unity solutions based upon customer requirements. Topics of study include infrastructure components affecting unity design, large-scale voicemail only systems, Cisco Unity deployment models, and voicemail interoperability. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to confidently provide designs for customers that meet the criteria of being sustainable and reducing post-deployment support requirements. It is highly recommended that students complete IUM and CIPT1 prior to enrollment. Students also need to understand the product installation and configuration procedures for deploying those solutions. Microsoft skills in Active Directory, SQL, Exchange and Windows, and Windows server are also recommended. This course is ideal for engineers responsible for designing sustainable, complex Unity solutions.
This is an intermediate course for Design and Sales Engineers.Skills taught
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
• Explain the impact of different messaging environments (Domino/MS) upon a Unity design.
• Design a large voicemail solution.
• Network Unity with legacy voicemail systems.
• Explain approved Cisco Unity deployment models.
• Apply a repeatable design methodology.
• Design solutions that meet specific customer needs.
• Design solutions that interoperate with legacy voicemail systems
Module 1: Cisco Unity Design Process - Presales
- Lesson 1: Messaging Product Overview
- Lesson 2: Determining Customer Requirements
- Lesson 3: Understanding Cisco Unity Configurations and Messaging Models
- Lesson 4: Using Active Directory and Exchange 2000 or 2003 in Cisco Unity Design
- Lesson 5: Designing with the Directory and Mailstore in Domino
- Lesson 6: Understanding the Role of Telephony Components in Cisco Unity Design
- Lesson 7: Developing a Preliminary Design and Budget
- Lesson 1: Analyzing Requirements
- Lesson 2: Understanding Infrastructure Considerations
- Lesson 3: Understanding Capacity-Planning Considerations
- Lesson 4: Resolving Dial Plan Issues
- Lesson 5: Understanding Bandwidth Provisioning Issues
- Lesson 1: Developing a High-Level Design
- Lesson 2: Developing a Low-Level Design
- Lesson 3: Developing an Implementation Plan
- Lesson 4: Providing Cutover Support and Optimization
- Lesson 1: Migrating from Voice Mail to Unified Messaging
- Lesson 2: Designing VPIM Solutions
- Lesson 3: Understanding Cisco Unity Bridge and Avaya Interoperability
- Lesson 4: Designing Cisco Unity Bridge and Avaya
- Case Study 1-1: Understanding the Preliminary Design Process
- Case Study 2-1: Conducting Usage Analysis and Site Survey at LRS
- Case Study 3-1: Developing the High and Low-Level Design
- Case Study 4-1: Configuring Cisco Unity Bridge Networking at LRS
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students should have attended the following courses (or have equivalent knowledge): • IUM • CIPT1 Students also need to understand the product installation and configuration procedures for deploying those solutions. Microsoft skills in Active Directory, SQL, Exchange and Windows and Windows server are also recommended.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1505 times.