This 3-day course focuses on solutions for deploying software, ranging from the installation of individual files to the deployment of complete system images to multiple computers. Students then apply what they've learned to create a full deployment plan.
- Course Outline
This three-day course focuses on solutions for deploying software, ranging from the installation of individual files to the deployment of complete system images to multiple computers. Students then apply what they've learned to create a full deployment plan that includes testing, hardware and software deployment, auditing and maintenance.
The course also teaches students how to create a tiered Software Update server solution, as well as about third-party solutions to supplement tools provided by Apple. Students get hands-on experience in using tools such as Apple Remote Desktop, Disk Utility, PackageMaker, and System Image Utility and discuss the pros and cons of each for different deployment situations.
By taking and passing the Apple Certified Pro exam a user is given Apple Certified Pro status which allows them to distinguish themselves to colleagues employers and prospective clients as a skilled user of the chosen software application This certification gives individuals a competitive edge in todays ever changing job market.
Pro Certification Exam
without training course: $195.00
with training course: INCLUDED
Day 1 Deployment Planning
- Using the Deployment Planning Template
- Understanding primary deployment concepts
- Planning hardware deployment logistics
- Planning usage management
- Mac OS X file deployment considerations
- Using archive files for deployment
- Using ARD 3 to deploy items
- Using disk images for deployment
- Understanding Mac OS X installation technology
- creating installation packages
- using installation package actions, scripting, and snapshots
- deploying and maintaining installation packages
- third-party installation tools
- System deployment techniques overview
- Creating a cloned system image
- Creating a modular system image
- Deploying system images
- Third-party system image creation tools and Boot Camp
- Understanding the NetBoot service
- Creating simple NetBoot images
- Configuring the NetBoot service
- Creating custom NetBoot images
- Third-party system deployment tools
- Postimaging client configuration techniques
- postimaging server configuration techniques
- third-party postimaging configuration tools
- Understanding system maintenance concepts
- Using Apple tools for system maintenance
- Using the Apple Software Update service
- Third-party system maintenance tools
- Real-world deployment case studies
- Finalizing your deployment solution
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course: Understanding of Mac OS X Basic troubleshooting experience or Mac OS X Support Essentials v10.5 Basic Mac OS X Server experience or Mac OS X Server Essentials v10.5 Experience with Mac OS X in a network environment Experience using the command-line interface with Mac OS X
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations within 120 of course - 40% cancellation fee
Cancellations within 60 days of course - 75% cancellation fee
Cancellations within 30 days of course - 100% cancellation fee
Rebooking to a later class - $250
In cases of extreme conditions some exceptions may be made at the discretion of Witz Apple management , please contact us to discuss.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 263 times.