The Risk Management course addresses the project risk management processes of identification, analysis, response development and control.
- Course Outline
Course Description: 2 Days
The Risk Management course addresses the project risk management processes of identification, analysis, response development and control. Students are provided with theory and practice on all 6 of the PMI Risk Management Processes with emphasis on developing the Risk Register. Risk Planning is discussed and practiced as an integral part of the overall project planning sequence. Risk Identification involves hands-on practice using a team case study. Identified risks are subjected to both qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to identify the most important risks, quantify their probability of occurrence and impact. Response plans for influential risks are developed and analyzed. Take-away risk management templates are provided.
This course is intended for both project team members and project managers wishing to gain a fluent working knowledge of commonly accepted best practices for planning and mitigation of project risks. Team members and managers looking to improve their risk management skills and looking to improve their understanding of how risks impact project success and how they can be proactively managed should take this course. Students on a track to take the PMP examination should take this course.
Strategic Course Goals:
1. The risk impact on project success objectives
2. Risk types and the relationship of risk to the project life cycle model
3. The relationship between risk and both cost and schedule contingency planning
4. Analysis of project risk as part of an overall project success initiative
5. Mechanics for the minimization of risk impacts and the maximization of risk based opportunities.
6. Risk management as a closed loop system
1. Understand the PMI Risk Knowledge Areas
2. Use the tools for risk identification during project planning
3. Use the tools for risk identification during project execution
4. Qualitative Risk Analysis
5. Probabilistic Risk Analysis
6. Develop and maintain a Risk Register as a risk database
7. Monte Carlo simulation as a project risk analysis tool
8. Risk response planning
9. Monitor and control project risks during execution
About our GUARANTEED TO RUN courses With (R)Evolution, TekSource is transforming the way IT professionals receive training. Our courses are led by Certified Instructors and supported by online course mentors. Course content is delivered through expert video modules and interactive features, in tandem with virtual lab exercises and progress quizzes. When you take training with TekSource, you get a comprehensive training solution that incorporates the following value add components into one “revolutionary” offering:>
We start the learning process well before you arrive at our door with lots of communication and information. Our instructors, coordinators and facilitators will ensure that when course participants arrive, they will have all the tools they need to be successful and students will have already started to learn
In our Facility with Certified instructors
With (R)Evolution, each course is supported by a certified instructor who facilitates, coaches and mentors the students through the learning process - their only job is to ensure our students’ success. Students attend class in one day increments (which can be non-consecutive days for multi-day courses).
* Since the course content is provided by the expert video modules, the in-class instructor can devote 100% of their time to individual instruction and guidance.
* Our exclusive consultative learning approach ensures that the needs of each student are assessed and support during and subsequent to the course is tailored to them.
Expert Video Modules
(R)Evolution guarantees consistent, high quality instruction, and uniform delivery of the course material mapped to official vendor course curriculum with no missed topics.
* Content is delivered by World Class Experts and Certified Trainers and it has been edited and produced so that students are presented the best possible delivery of the course material.
* Self Scheduled progress matches the learning speed of each student – it allows for instant review, and results in improved retention.
Throughout the Learning experience, instruction is reinforced with practical exercises, lab exercises completed in live lab environments and progress checks that give immediate feedback to the student regarding their progress.
* Keeps students engaged, on track and in line with their objectives
* Provides instant feedback, real time results and acts as a measure for the instructor to provide further mentorship
Online Mentoring and Support
The online mentoring support that is included with (R)Evolution starts when the student enters the classroom and continues for 6 months. As both a 3rd training resource in the classroom and as a valuable support service that is available 24/7, students have yet another mechanism to support their learning.
* Reinforces learning and acts as a support during the classroom session
* Assistance applying course concepts
* Access to our facility and ability to re-take some or all of the training is absolute assurance that required learning is received.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1. Concepts and Practice of Project Management or 2. Equivalent project management experience
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course, will be subject to a 15% administration fee, and course ware fees where applicable. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
TekSource Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 380 times.