Project Management Concepts is a 3 day introduction to project management theory and application using the Knowledge Areas and Processes of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) as a framework.
- Course Outline
Course Description: 3 Days
Project Management Concepts is a 3 day comprehensive introduction to project management theory and application using the Knowledge Areas and Processes of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) as a framework. Using a combination of theory based lecture, case studies, and practical exercises, students are introduced to the project management best practices associated with planning, executing, and controlling projects. Students use a typical case study (custom case studies can be developed upon request) to analyze the project business case and deliverables, develop project Scope, Schedules, and Quality objectives, and investigate project execution and change control.Course Audience:
This course is intended for both project team members and project managers wishing to gain a thorough introduction to, and understanding of, the PMI framework for managing projects. Team members and managers looking to improve their project management skills, looking for a set of project management best practices and looking to improve their project success statistics should take this course. Even though this is an introductory course, it provides students with a comprehensive set of immediately available skills. As a refresher, project managers can hone their skills with advanced topics that are included. Students wishing to take follow-on project management topical courses and/or beginning their preparation for the PMP examination should take this course.
Strategic Course Goals and Objectives:
1. Understanding of the PMI framework and it’s sponsored set of project management best practicesObjectives:
2. Fluency in project management terminology
3. Identification and analysis of why projects fail and what skills are required to implement projects successfully
4. Practice with the identification of project deliverables, requirements, and objectives
5. Identification and analysis of project stakeholders and project communications
6. Comprehensive understanding of how the various project management elements integrate into an effective mechanism for project planning and execution
7. While designed as a stand along course, this class positions the student to maximize the value of follow-on topical courses in the curriculum
1. Knowledge of the PMI framework and architecture
2. Write a Project Charter and Scope Statement
3. Develop a Work Breakdown Structure
4. Develop a project schedule
5. Network Analysis
6. Management of the project triple Constraints
7. Identify and analyze project risks
8. Develop a Project Plan
9. Analyze requirements
10. Execution and Control a Project
11. Analyze project variances
a. Risk Management
o Procurement Management
o Human Resource Management
o Communications Management
o Quality Management
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certifcate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course, will be subject to a 15% administration fee, and course ware fees where applicable. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
TekSource Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 237 times.