This exam-preparatory course provides comprehensive coverage of foundation concepts within the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3. Through lectures & practice exam questions participants explore the concepts of good practice in IT Service Management.
- Course Outline
ITIL® is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for Information Technology Services Management (ITSM) by many Public & Private Organizations. Since early 1990, ITIL® has been evolving from focusing on Functions and Processes
under versions 1 and 2 to focusing on the Full Service Lifecycle Management under version 3.
In addition to the existing benefits of aligning IT goals and objectives with the business, improving quality and reducing cost of operation; ITSM and ITIL® V3 now emphasizes the following areas:
• Assist in transforming IT Service Management onto a strategic business asset
• Assist in defining and managing the complete lifecycle of IT Service Management Process
• Provide guidance on the development of Services Strategy, the development of Service Design, the Transition of Services from current to desired state, the Implementation and the Continuous improvement of the those Services.
This exam-preparatory course provides comprehensive coverage of foundation concepts within the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3. Through lectures and practice exam questions participants explore the concepts of good practice in IT Service Management based on the ITIL® V3 Framework.
Included in this course is the ITIL® V3 Foundation formal certification exam.
Program Objectives An effective lecture designed at achieving a clear understanding the new ITIL® V3 Best Practice and Service Management lifecycle model
• To provide participants with a strong understanding of the ITIL® V3 Service Lifecycle approach, Service models and framework, ITIL® common language, processes definitions and relationships, benefits and goals.
• To provide participants a firm foundation in IT Service Management best practices, the knowledge and pre-requisite to prepare for the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certification exam.
Program Contents • Overview of the drivers for ITIL® V3
• Key differences between ITIL® V2 and ITIL® V3 - What are the major changes?
o New concepts, definitions and terminology
o Key processes and functions
Introduction to Service Management
• The evolution of Service management
• Definition of Service and Service Management
• Service Management as best practice
• The importance of adopting a service and continual improvement culture and approach
• Interface to other framework and standards (i.e. ISO/IEC 20000)
The Service Lifecycle
• Objectives and business value
• The main components (the new books) within the 5 stages in the lifecycle:
o Service Strategy
o Service Design
o Service Transition
o Service Operation
o Continual Service Improvement
Key Principles of IT Service Management
• Types of service providers
• Five key aspects of Service Design
• The 7 “Rs” of Change Management
• Service “V” model
• Continual Service Improvement model
• The need for IT Governance and control
• Process development characteristic and guidelines
Basic concept, objectives and activities of:
• Service Portfolio Management
• Service Level Management
• Incident Management
• Change Management
• Demand Management
• Financial Management
• Service Catalogue Management
• Availability Management
• Capacity Management
• Supplier Management
• Information Security Management
• IT Service Continuity Management
• Service Asset and Configuration Management
• Release and Deployment Management
• Event Management
• Problem Management
• Request Fulfillment
• Access Management
• The 7 step improvement process
Overview of the functions
• Service Desk
• Application Management,
• Operations Management
• Technical Management
• Key roles and responsibilities
• Technology and Architecture considerations
Program Material (handout)
• This training program includes the following as reference documentation:
? Program slide presentation
? Exam study guide
? ITIL® V3 acronyms and glossary
? Sample examination questions and answers
Simulation and practical application
• We provide the students with real life experiences; we use the client issues and problem as “Case study” example for the purpose of discussion to show the value of using best practice
ITIL® is a world wide Registered Trade Mark, and a Registered Community Trade Mark, of the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) and is registered in the US Patent and Trade Mark Office.
TekSource Corporate Learning is in partnership with Ahead Technology
Inc., an LCS® ATO, to deliver ITIL® accredited courses.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course, will be subject to a 15% administration fee, and course ware fees where applicable. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
TekSource Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 310 times.