This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install and configure Windows Vista desktops. It will focus on four main areas: installing, securing, networking, and browsing.
- Course Outline
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install and configure Windows Vista desktops.
It will focus on four main areas: installing, securing, networking, and browsing. By the end of the course, the student will have installed and configured a Windows Vista desktop that is secure, on the network, and ready for browsing.
This is the first course in the Windows Vista curriculum and will serve as the entry point for other Windows Vista Technology Specialist courses.
Audience Profile The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals wishing to become technology specialists. A Windows Vista technology specialist is defined as a technology specialist interested in learning about, assessing skills, using reference products, or taking exams to prove his or her knowledge/skills/experience related to Microsoft’s Windows Vista technologies. Technology specialists:
- Value and may be working toward an extensive, deep technical knowledge in a particular technology.
- Are interested in learning about Windows Vista technologies in greater detail.
- Want to learn or test that they know and can apply existing concepts, practices, procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Work in roles where most questions have clear right and wrong answers.
- Focus primarily on the "how to" associated with Windows Vista technologies.
- On the job, work from functional specifications, defined polices/conventions/standards, and documented operational procedures received from superiors.
- Windows Vista technology specialists may work for an enterprise, a medium-sized organization, a small organization, or a retail organization.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install Windows Vista.
- Upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.
- Configure post-installation system settings.
- Configure basic networking.
- Configure advanced networking.
- Configure user account security.
- Configure network security.
- Configure Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0.
- Introduction to Windows Vista
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows Vista
- Installing and Configuring Windows Vista Device Drivers
- Verifying Hardware Requirements
- Installing Windows Vista from DVD
- Managing Device Drivers
- Describe the Windows Vista operating system.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows Vista.
- Install and configure Windows Vista device drivers.
- Upgrading and Migrating to Windows Vista from a Previous Version of Windows
- Upgrading Between Windows Vista Editions
- Running USMT to Scan a User’s Settings
- Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows Vista Ultimate
- Upgrading from Windows Vista Business to Windows Vista Ultimate
- Running USMT to Load a User’s Settings
- Upgrade or migrate to Windows Vista from a previous version of Microsoft Windows.
- Upgrade or migrate between Windows Vista editions.
- Configuring the Windows Aero Experience
- Configuring Accessibility Features
- Configuring Parental Controls
- Configuring Aero
- Configuring Accessibility Features
- Configure the Windows Aero experience.
- Configure the accessibility features of the Windows Vista operating system.
- Configure Windows Vista Parental Controls.
- Sharing Data with Others
- Managing Windows Vista Files
- Sharing Data with Others
- Managing Files
- Share data with others.
- Manage Windows Vista files.
- Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring Remote Access
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- Configuring Remote Access
- Troubleshooting Remote Access Connections
- Configure network connectivity.
- Configure Remote Access.
- Configuring User Account Control
- Troubleshooting User Account Control
- Requesting an Application to Run Elevated One Time
- Making an Application to Always Run Elevated
- Configuring User Account Control Panel
- Configure Windows Vista User Account Control.
- Troubleshoot User Account Control.
- Configuring Windows Defender in Windows Vista
- Configuring Windows Firewall Settings
- Configuring Windows Defender
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configure Windows Defender in Windows Vista.
- Configure the Windows Firewall settings in Windows Vista.
- Configuring Internet Explorer 7.0
- Configuring Dynamic Security for Internet Explorer 7.0
- Customizing Internet Explorer 7.0
- Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Security Settings
- Configure Internet Explorer 7.0.
- Configure dynamic security for Internet Explorer 7.0.
With (R)Evolution, TekSource is transforming the way IT professionals receive training. Our courses are led by Certified Instructors and supported by online course mentors. Course content is delivered through expert video modules and interactive features, in tandem with virtual lab exercises and progress quizzes. When you take training with TekSource, you get a comprehensive training solution that incorporates the following value add components into one “revolutionary” offering:
We start the learning process well before you arrive at our door with lots of communication and information. Our instructors, coordinators and facilitators will ensure that when course participants arrive, they will have all the tools they need to be successful and students will have already started to learn
In our Facility with Certified instructors
With (R)Evolution, each course is supported by a certified instructor who facilitates, coaches and mentors the students through the learning process - their only job is to ensure our students’ success. Students attend class in one day increments (which can be non-consecutive days for multi-day courses).
* Since the course content is provided by the expert video modules, the in-class instructor can devote 100% of their time to individual instruction and guidance.
* Our exclusive consultative learning approach ensures that the needs of each student are assessed and support during and subsequent to the course is tailored to them.
Expert Video Modules
(R)Evolution guarantees consistent, high quality instruction, and uniform delivery of the course material mapped to official vendor course curriculum with no missed topics.
* Content is delivered by World Class Experts and Certified Trainers and it has been edited and produced so that students are presented the best possible delivery of the course material.
* Self Scheduled progress matches the learning speed of each student – it allows for instant review, and results in improved retention.
Throughout the Learning experience, instruction is reinforced with practical exercises, lab exercises completed in live lab environments and progress checks that give immediate feedback to the student regarding their progress.
* Keeps students engaged, on track and in line with their objectives
* Provides instant feedback, real time results and acts as a measure for the instructor to provide further mentorship
Online Mentoring and Support
The online mentoring support that is included with (R)Evolution starts when the student enters the classroom and continues for 6 months. As both a 3rd training resource in the classroom and as a valuable support service that is available 24/7, students have yet another mechanism to support their learning.
* Reinforces learning and acts as a support during the classroom session
* Assistance applying course concepts
* Access to our facility and ability to re-take some or all of the training is absolute assurance that required learning is received.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before attending this course, students must have: * Familiarity with computer hardware and devices, such as the ability to look into device manager and look for unsupported devices. * Basic TCP/IP knowledge, such as knowing why you need to have a valid IP address. * Basic Microsoft Windows and Active Directory knowledge, such as knowledge about domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership. * Experience with mapping network file shares, such as being familiar with UNC paths and mapping local resources to server/share. * Experience with running commands from a command window, such as the DOS command prompt. * Experience with reviewing BIOS settings. In addition, it is recommended, but not required, that students have completed: First Look Clinic 5056 - First Look: Getting Started with Windows Vista for IT Professionals. Hands-on-Lab 5057 - First Look: Getting Started with Windows Vista for IT Professionals.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course, will be subject to a 15% administration fee, and course ware fees where applicable. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
TekSource Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 687 times.