- Microsoft Windows Server Training
- 2276 - Implementing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Hosts
Upon completion, students will: Describe the TCP/IP protocol architecture, Convert IP addresses between decimal & binary, Create subnets using VLSM & CIDR, Configure a host to use a static IP address, Describe the IP routing process & more
- Course Outline
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) protocol architecture.
- Convert Internet Protocol (IP) addresses between decimal and binary.
- Calculate a subnet mask.
- Create subnets using Variable-Length Subnet Mask (VLSM) and Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR).
- Configure a host to use a static IP address.
- Assign IP addresses in a multiple subnet network.
- Describe the IP routing process.
- Configure a host to obtain an IP address automatically.
- Configure a host so that automatic private IP address configuration is disabled.
- Configure a host to use name servers.
- Isolate common connectivity issues.
Guaranteed to Run!
Course Outline Module 1: Reviewing the Suite of TCP/IP Protocols This module reviews the suite of TCP/IP protocols. By understanding the function of each of the protocols and how the protocols relate to each other, you have the context for understanding network administration tasks and network troubleshooting.
- Overview of the OSI Model
- Overview of the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Viewing Frames Using Network Monitor
- Describe the architecture of the OSI reference model and the function of each layer.
- Describe the four layers of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Capture and view frames by using Network Monitor.
- Configuring IP Addressing for Simple Networks
- Configuring IP Addressing for Complex Networks
- Using IP Routing Tables
- Overcoming Limitations of the IP Addressing Scheme
- Defining the Subnet Mask for a WAN
- Defining the Subnet Mask for Supernetting Four Class C Networks
- Explain how to configure IP addressing for simple TCP/IP networks.
- Explain how to configure IP addressing for complex TCP/IP networks.
- Describe routing protocols and how they are used.
- Overcome limitations that are caused by class-based routing.
- Configuring a Client to Use a Static IP Address
- Configuring a Client to Obtain an IP Address Automatically
- Using Alternate Configuration
- Viewing DHCP Packets
- Configure a client to use a static IP address.
- Configure a client to obtain an IP address automatically by using DHCP.
- Configure a client to obtain an IP address automatically by using Alternate Configuration
- Overview of Name Resolution
- Resolving Host Names
- Resolving NetBIOS Names
- Viewing DNS Packets
- Describe how name resolution occurs.
- Describe how host names are used and resolved.
- Describe how NetBIOS names are used and resolved.
- Analyzing Client Startup Communication
- Determining the Causes of Connectivity Issues
- Using Network Utilities and Tools to Isolate Connectivity Issues
- Documenting Your Current Environment
- Resolving Connectivity Issues
- Determine the causes of connectivity issues.
- Describe utilities and tools to resolve connectivity issues.
- Describe the client startup communication process.
With (R)Evolution, TekSource is transforming the way IT professionals receive training. Our courses are led by Certified Instructors and supported by online course mentors. Course content is delivered through expert video modules and interactive features, in tandem with virtual lab exercises and progress quizzes. When you take training with TekSource, you get a comprehensive training solution that incorporates the following value add components into one “revolutionary” offering:
We start the learning process well before you arrive at our door with lots of communication and information. Our instructors, coordinators and facilitators will ensure that when course participants arrive, they will have all the tools they need to be successful and students will have already started to learn
In our Facility with Certified instructors
With (R)Evolution, each course is supported by a certified instructor who facilitates, coaches and mentors the students through the learning process - their only job is to ensure our students’ success. Students attend class in one day increments (which can be non-consecutive days for multi-day courses).
* Since the course content is provided by the expert video modules, the in-class instructor can devote 100% of their time to individual instruction and guidance.
* Our exclusive consultative learning approach ensures that the needs of each student are assessed and support during and subsequent to the course is tailored to them.
Expert Video Modules
(R)Evolution guarantees consistent, high quality instruction, and uniform delivery of the course material mapped to official vendor course curriculum with no missed topics.
* Content is delivered by World Class Experts and Certified Trainers and it has been edited and produced so that students are presented the best possible delivery of the course material.
* Self Scheduled progress matches the learning speed of each student – it allows for instant review, and results in improved retention.
Throughout the Learning experience, instruction is reinforced with practical exercises, lab exercises completed in live lab environments and progress checks that give immediate feedback to the student regarding their progress.
* Keeps students engaged, on track and in line with their objectives
* Provides instant feedback, real time results and acts as a measure for the instructor to provide further mentorship
Online Mentoring and Support
The online mentoring support that is included with (R)Evolution starts when the student enters the classroom and continues for 6 months. As both a 3rd training resource in the classroom and as a valuable support service that is available 24/7, students have yet another mechanism to support their learning.
* Reinforces learning and acts as a support during the classroom session
* Assistance applying course concepts
* Access to our facility and ability to re-take some or all of the training is absolute assurance that required learning is received.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before attending this course, students must have: A+ certification or equivalent knowledge and skills. Course 2274, Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment, or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course, will be subject to a 15% administration fee, and course ware fees where applicable. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
TekSource Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 631 times.