The goal of this course is to give participants a combination of instruction and guided hands-on experience with Photoshop. By the end of the course students should have a good working knowledge of basic tools and techniques.
- Course Start Date: Nov. 8
- Location: Edmonton
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 Days
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Adobe Photoshop Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
The goal of this course is to give participants a combination of instruction and guided hands-on experience with Photoshop. By the end of the course students should have a good working knowledge of basic tools and techniques. Topics will include getting images into Photoshop, image editing using selections and various ways to output files.
If possible students should have a version of Adobe Photoshop in their offices or at home to practice during the course.
We teach in a lab where each student can choose to use either Mac or PC. The interface is the same just the shortcut keys change.
- Discuss image types (Raster vs. Vector)
- Opening Photoshop
- Photoshop workspace (Default)
- Opening Images
- Image dimensions-pixel dimensions-document size-print size
- Navigator palette- zooming, panning
- Introduction to histogram palette
- Keyboard shortcuts for magnifying
- Size and resolution options
- Creating custom preset sizes
- Background layers
- Active layers
- Adding and deleting layers
- Linking, Naming, Grouping layers
- Aligning and distributing layers
- Drag and drop
- Copy and paste
- Present Brushes
- Changing Brush properties
- Introduction to Dynamic Brushes
- Loading brush sets
- Creating custom brushes
- Eyedropper tool
- RGB Colour space
- Free transform
- Marquee tools
- Magic wand
- Quick selection tool
- Lasso tools
- Adding and subtracting selections
- Setting preferences
- Horizontal and vertical type
- Horizontal and vertical type mask
- Creating masks
- Deleting masks
- Adding and subtracting from a mask
- oedestructive image adjustments
- Auto levels
- Shadow and highlight
- Colour replacement
- Hue and saturation
- Black and White
- Hue and saturation
- Black and white
- Healing Brush
- Patch tool
- Red eye tool
- Arranging windows
- Scratch disks
- Computer Performance
Creating Photo panoramas
Saving basic files
- PSD documents
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic computer concepts/skills and knowledge of Windows
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business days cancellation or full course fee will be charged
- Map & Reviews
Technology Training Centre
[ View Provider's Profile ]
TTC, B-11 Cameron Library
University of Alberta
Canada T6G 2J8
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 31 times.