In this course, students will create, edit and enhance standard business documents. You will learn to format text and paragraphs, add tables and graphic elements and control a documentís page setup and its overall appearance.
- Course Outline
In this course, students will create, edit and enhance standard business documents. You will learn to format text and paragraphs, add tables and graphic elements and control a document’s page setup and its overall appearance. CORE TOPICS Creating a Basic Document Editing a Document
- The Word Environment
- Get help using Word
- Enter text
- Save a new document
- Preview a document
- Print a document
- Navigate in a document
- Insert, select text
- Create an AutoText entry
- Move and copy text
- Delete blocks of text
- Undo changes
- Find and replace text
- Apply character formats
- Change the font and font size
- Add highlighting and colour to text
- Copy text formatting
- Find an replace text formatting
- Change paragraph alignment
- Change line spacing within a paragraph
- Add borders and shading
- Apply styles
- Create lists
- Use the Thesaurus
- Check spelling and grammar
- Create a new default dictionary
- Check word count
- Modify a document in Print Preview
- Create a table
- Enter data in a table
- Auto Format a table
- Convert text into a table
- Insert symbols and special characters
- Insert a Clip Art picture
- Add a watermark
- Set page orientation
- Change page margins
- Apply a page border
- Add headers and footers
- Insert a page break
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Participants will get a certificate of completion.
- Cancellation Policy
# A full 3 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date. Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee for that course date will be charged.There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 3 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 3 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 342 times.