In this course, students will create, edit and enhance standard business documents. You will learn to format text and paragraphs, add tables and graphic elements and control a document's page setup and its overall appearance.
- Course Outline
In this course, students will create, edit and enhance standard business documents. You will learn to format text and paragraphs, add tables and graphic elements and control a document’s page setup and its overall appearance.
CORE TOPICS Creating a Basic Document
The Word Environment
Get help using Word
Save a new document
Preview a document
Print a document
Editing a Document
Navigate in a document
Insert, select text
Create an AutoText entry
Move and copy text
Delete blocks of text
Find and replace text
Apply character formats
Change the font and font size
Add highlighting and colour to text
Copy text formatting
Find an replace text formatting
Change paragraph alignment
Change line spacing within a paragraph
Add borders and shading
Proofing a Document
Use the Thesaurus
Check spelling and grammar
Create a new default dictionary
Check word count
Modify a document in Print Preview
Create a table
Enter data in a table
AutoFormat a table
Convert text into a table
Inserting Graphic Elements
Insert symbols and special characters
Insert a Clip Art picture
Add a watermark
Controlling Page Appearance
Set page orientation
Change page margins
Apply a page border
Add headers and footers
Insert a page break
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
# A full 3 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date. Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee for that course date will be charged.There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 3 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 3 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 227 times.