Upon completion of the Microsoft project training course, participants will be able to accomplish most aspects of basic project management. For specifics click more information.
- Course Outline
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Understanding the basic operations of the software, working with
- Windows, menus, commands, and views.
- Creating a new project file and creating, editing and outlining a task list, as well as establishing dependencies by linking tasks.
- Adding and assigning resources to a project file, working with project
- Calendars, and entering project costs, such as standard, variable, and fixed costs.
- Applying page setup options, creating headers and footers, inserting page breaks and previewing and printing project information.
- Applying task type settings, modifying fixed tasks, setting task constraints, and defining and formatting the critical path.
- Applying preset and custom contours, editing resource assignments,
- Identifying and resolving resource overallocations, and setting and modifying a baseline.
- Tracking the progress of a project, updating tasks and the schedule, and comparing baseline and actual data.
- Sorting, filtering, and grouping views.
- Formatting views and formatting the Gantt chart.
Project Management Concepts
Project Application and Project File Windows
Project Menus and Commands
Displaying Project Views
Moving Within a View
Creating Task Lists
Editing Task Lists
Outlining Task Lists
Modifying Task Dependencies Task Information
Project Resources and Costs
Resource Assignment Concepts
Working with Project Calendars
Working with Resource Calendars
Working with Task Calendars
Entering Project Costs
Printing Schedule Information
Page Setup Options
Previewing Views and Reports
Printing Project Information
Changing Scheduling Methods
Resource Assignment Concepts
Task Type Settings
Applying Task Type Settings
Defining the Critical Path
Formatting the Critical Path
Resolving Resource Conflicts
Applying Preset Contours
Editing Resource Assignments
Locating Resource Overallocations
Resolving Resource Overallocations
Saving the Baseline
Tracking Project Progress
Tracking Task Progress
Updating the Remaining Schedule
Comparing Baseline and Actual Data
Sorting, Filtering and Grouping
Grouping Within Views
Formatting the Project Environment
Formatting the Gantt Chart
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
# A full 3 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date. Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee for that course date will be charged.There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 3 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 3 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 224 times.