This class is an overview of calculations using selected advanced functions drawn from the statistical, database, & mathematic functions in Excel's core collections & add-in libraries. Participants will be introduced to creating user-defined functions.
- Course Outline
This class is an overview of calculations using selected advanced functions drawn from the statistical, database, and mathematic functions in Excel's core collections and add-in libraries. Participants will also be introduced to creating user-defined functions with Visual Basic in order to extend Excel's supplied standard functionality. CORE TOPICS Review of Excel Formulas Calculating with Common Functions
- Create Basic Formulas
- Order of Precedence Rules
- Calculate with Simple Functions
- Copying Formulas and Functions
- Creating Absolute & Relative References
- Multisheet and Multi-workbook Formulas
- Activating the Tool Pack Add-in
- Create and Apply a Name for a Range of Cells
- Calculate with Basic Date/Time Functions
- Calculate with Basic Financial Functions
- Calculate with Basic Statistical Functions
- Calculate with Basic Lookup/Reference Functions
- Calculate with Basic Logical Functions
- Calculate with Basic Database Functions
- Trace Cell Precedents
- Trace Cell Dependents
- Locate Errors in Formulas
- Set Data Validation Properties
- Locate Invalid Data and Formulas
- Watch and Evaluate Formulas
- Explore Selected Advanced Date & Time Functions from the Standard and Analysis Tool Pack Add-in Libraries
- Explore Selected Advanced Math Functions from the Standard and Analysis Tool Pack Add-in Libraries
- Explore Selected Advanced Statistical and Analytic Functions from the Standard and Analysis Tool Pack Add-in Libraries
- Explore Selected Advanced Database Functions from the Standard and Analysis Tool Pack Add-in Libraries
- Introducing Fundamental Concepts of Visual Basic Programming
- Identify and Declare Variables and Constants
- Controlling Program Logic
- Distinguish Between Functions and Procedures
- Creating Simple Custom Functions
- Using Custom Functions Within a Worksheet Formula
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Excel 2003 - Level 2
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
# A full 3 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date. Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee for that course date will be charged.There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 3 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 3 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 561 times.