To learn and practice the secrets of effective listening, join Canada’s premier listening coach for the fast-paced, fun, experiential workshop.
- Course Outline
Enhance your relationships through Effective listening skills
Effective listening saves time, prevents misunderstanding and error, and reduces stress. Everything from your personal relationships, to your career results will improve once you practice the secrets of effective listening. To learn and practice the secrets of effective listening, join Canada's premier listening coach for the fast-paced, fun, experiential workshop called: What it Takes to ListenBuilding results and relationships through listening I don't need to tell you that listening will help you get the best from people, build customer-focused organizations and influence those who differ with you. With effective listening you can use the diverse knowledge, wisdom, energy and enthusiasm of all the people you deal with.
Did you know that effective listening also maximizes every live conversation you have?
- Effective listening engages you more deeply with your clients, customers, boss and colleagues.
- Effective listening gives you vastly improved insight into the issues and challenges you face every day.
- Effective listening even helps you maintain your energy, equilibrium and enthusiasm, at the same time as you help others.
- human nature has "hard wired" us to make listening difficult
- other complex mechanisms that get in the way of listening well
- the dynamics operating between the "speaker-listener" and "listener-speaker" in any interaction
- your information preferences
- the unique & totally individual ways we each listen & understand
- what’s in a word, a pause & silence
- the 2 most important things to track in a conversation as a listener
- the 3 lifetime listening intentions
- the Million Dollar Listening Mantra
- 3 choices you always have as a listener - being proactive, active or "recovered"
- beyond paraphrasing
- the 3 part "no fail" listening tool to replace ineffectual listening habits
- the crown jewel of listening: the 4 kinds questions
About the trainer:
Carrol’s background includes running Management Development departments in large organizations in both the public and private sectors. She holds a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Development and Adult Education, OISE, University of Toronto, and is a member of the Canadian Society for Training & Development (CSTD) and the International Listening Association.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Some pre-seminar work is required.
Includes seminar materials, refreshments and lunch.
- Cancellation Policy
- Map & Reviews
Suzuki and Associates
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 357 times.