A great presenter has two unique qualities, appropriate skills and personal confidence. In this comprehensive two-day workshop, you will master the skills that will make you a better speaker and presenter.
- Course Outline
A great presenter has two unique qualities, appropriate skills and personal confidence. This confidence comes from knowing what you want to say, and being comfortable with your communication skills. In this comprehensive two-day workshop, you will master the skills that will make you a better speaker and presenter.
It’s like preparing every detail of a party. You are prepared, and it’s going to be a smashing success.
Learning Objectives * Identify ways to gain rapport with your audience
* Learn techniques to reduce nervousness and fear
* Recognize how visual aids can create impact and attention
* Develop techniques to create a professional presence
* Use practice techniques to really prepare
Course Outline Day One
1. Introductions and Course Overview
3. Edit Your Conversation
* Speaking Characteristics
4. Appropriately Sharing Yourself With Others
* The Johari Window
6. First Impressions
* Our Thoughts
* Thinking Positive
7. Four Good Rules for Any Conversation
8. Making the Most of Meetings
* Presenting at Meetings
* Fifteen Ways to Master a Meeting
* Learning Names and Shaking Hands
9. Body Language
10. Sticky Situations
11. Why Talk?
* Advantages of an oral Presentaiton
* The Firing Line
12. Planning Your Presentation
* Pattern Practice
13. Overcoming Nervousness
1. The STARR Pattern
* What is STARR?
* Preparing with STARR
* STARR Presentations
2. Start Writing!
* Following the Opening Statement
* Success Strategies: A Beginning
* Think Fast!
3. Limit Your Information
4. Audience Profile
5. Presentation Preparation
6. Your Speaking Voice
* Parts of your Voice
* Vocal Variety
* Mastering Your Material
7. Add Punch to Your Presentation
* The Power of Threes
* Visual Aids
* Debrief & Feedback
Methodology * Large group discussions
* Individual work and reflection
* Small group discussion and exercises
* Individual exercises and practice sessions
* Lecturettes and Demonstrations
* Practice Opportunities
Who Should Attend * All levels of employees
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Commitment of resources and industry standards require that we be notified of any cancellation. As such, you may reschedule any training course up to five (5) working days before the actual training date. Simply call us, and we send you a new registration confirmation without extra charge. If training is rescheduled less than five (5) working days before the training date, a rescheduling fee of 50% of the course fee will be invoiced.
The latest time we accept rescheduling is until noon on the working day before
the training date. "No-shows" without prior notification are charged as if you had attended the course. There are no refunds. We reserve the right to cancel any course and reschedule if attendance is not sufficient to run the course. In this case you will be notified, usually five (5) working days or more prior to the
training day and the training is rescheduled.
- Map & Reviews
Careers in Transition
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 309 times.