This comprehensive workshop will introduce those managers to human resource concepts.
- Course Outline
In today’s fast-moving world, many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with some human resource issues. They may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, sit in on interviews, or take responsibility for discipline. This comprehensive workshop will introduce those managers to human resource concepts. We will walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview; discuss orientation; and cover some issues that arise after the hiring, such as diversity , compensation, and discipline.
- The latest trends in the human resource field and the changing role of the human resource professional.
- How to write job specifications and identify core competencies.
- Methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioral description interviewing techniques.
- How to get employees off to a good start.
- How to deal with compensation and benefits.
- How to maintain healthy employee relations.
- How to make performance appraisals a cooperative process.
1. Defining Human Resources
* The Basics of HR Management
* Case Study: Expansion Staffing
2. Skills Inventory
4. Job Analysis
* Understanding Job Analysis
* Performing an Analysis
* Job Analysis Formats
5. Job Competencies
* Elements of a Competency
6. Position Profiles/Job Descriptions
* Preparing a Profile
* My Job Description
7. Do You Really Need to Hire?
* Evaluate All Options
* The Real Cost of Employee Turnover
8. Finding Candidates
9. Advertising Guidelines
10. Screening Resumes
* Using a Resume Screening Guide
* Developing a Resume Screening Guide
1. Preparing for the Interview
* Preparation Checklist
* Conducting the Interview
* History of the Interviewing Process
* An Objective Interview
* Basics and Purpose of Behavioral Interviewing
* Asking Questions
* Provocative Statements
* Understanding and Developing BDI Questions
* The Critical Incident Technique
* Creating a Critical Incident
2. After the Interview
3. Employee Orientation
* Why Have Orientation?
* How Did Your Orientation Rate?
* Problems to Avoid
* Planning the Orientation Program
4. Planning Training
* The Training Cycle
* Internal vs. External Training
5. Working With External Providers
1. Performance Reviews
* Performance Review Problems
* Dissecting a Performance Review
* Identifying Behaviours
* The Cost of Absenteeism
* Dealing with Absenteeism
* Dealing with Diversity
* Your Experience with Pigeon Holes
4. Privacy Issues
5. Compensation and Benefits
* The Role of Compensation and Benefits
* Pre-Assignment Review
* Pink Slips
* Letting Staff Go
* Case Study: How to Fire an Employee?
8. Exit Interviews
- Prerequisites & Certificates
No prior knowledge required, completed pre-assignment
MANUALS / CERTIFICATES
All program fees include a manual on CD complete with self study lessons. Course manuals can be purchased for an additional fee and are dependent on subject and level. The manual fee is a passed through cost to our clients.
Upon completion of the each program each participant will receive a certificate of completion.
Parking is available for our students at the rear of the building.Please, donít park in the reserved parking spaces around the building, your car will be tagged and/or towed away.
BREAKS AND LUNCH
Our courses run between 9:00AM Ė 4:00PM. There are two 15 minutes coffee breaks: one at 10:30AM and the other are at 2:30PM. The lunch break is between 12:00AM and 1:00PM.
Coffee and suitable drinks are provided by us during the course. There are numerous restaurants and take-out places in the area, or you may prefer to bring your own lunch and enjoy it on site. Microwave and fridge available.
- Cancellation Policy
Commitment of resources and industry standards require that we be notified of any cancellation. As such, you may reschedule any training course up to five (5) working days before the actual training date. Simply call us, and we send you a new registration confirmation without extra charge. If training is rescheduled less than five (5) working days before the training date, a rescheduling fee of 50% of the course fee will be invoiced.
The latest time we accept rescheduling is until noon on the working day before
the training date. "No-shows" without prior notification are charged as if you had attended the course. There are no refunds. We reserve the right to cancel any course and reschedule if attendance is not sufficient to run the course. In this case you will be notified, usually five (5) working days or more prior to the
training day and the training is rescheduled.
- Map & Reviews
Careers in Transition
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 313 times.