This course provides database administrators working in enterprise environments with the knowledge and skills to design a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database infrastructure.
- Course Outline
This course provides database administrators working in enterprise environments with the knowledge and skills to design a Microsoft SQL ServerT 2005 database infrastructure.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for current professional database administrators who have three or more years of on-the-job experience administering SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze storage, CPU, memory, and network capacity needs.
- Design a strategy for data archiving.
- Design a strategy for database server consolidation.
- Design a strategy for data distribution.
- Design a database server infrastructure.
- Design a strategy for data recovery.
- Establish database conventions and standards.
Lesson 1: Analyzing Capacity Needs
- Estimating Storage Requirements
- Estimating CPU Requirements
- Estimating Memory Requirements
- Estimating Network Requirements
- Identifying Requirements that Affect Data Archiving
- Determining the Structure of Archival Data
- Creating a Data Archival Plan
- Overview of Database Server Consolidation
- Designing a Strategy for SQL Server Instances
- Designing a Database Server Consolidation Plan
- Overview of Data Distribution
- Creating a Data Distribution Plan Using Replication
- Evaluating the Current Database Server Infrastructure
- Gathering Requirements for Changing a Database Server Infrastructure
- Designing Modifications to a Database Server Infrastructure
- Creating a Backup and Restore Strategy
- Creating a Database Disaster Recovery Plan
- Creating Database Naming Conventions
- Defining Database Infrastructure Standards
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- 2780 Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database - 2779 Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database - 2778 Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Transact-SQL
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course will be fully refunded less a $75 processing fee. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
Acend Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 694 times.