this course will consist of: Advanced Database Connectivity & Linking Advanced Sectional Management concepts Cross Tabs Advanced Formulas Learn how to Sum SubReports Custom Functions Building a Report using Crystal's 'Commands'
- Course Outline
About the Course
Chapter 1 - Review/Refresher of Intro Concepts
- This hour long activity reviews the most important Intro Level topics and consolidates the students knowledge in preparation for the Advanced topics
Chapter 2 - Advanced Database Connectivity & Linking, Changing the data source location for a report, refreshing the table structure, Linking & Joining
- Learn how to change the data location that a report points to, and how to refresh Crystal view of the database tables, if they're structure is modified by the database administrator
Chapter 3 - Advanced Sectional Management concepts , Part Sections, Underlay, Multi Column Reports, Form Letters & Invoices, & Conditional Suppression
- Learn how to manage and manipulate Sections in Crystal Reports at an advanced level to conditionally show items, or produce Multi Column style reports
Chapter 4 - Advanced Select Expert
- Learn how to manually create formulas to gain more control of your filtering beyond what the Select Expert Tool offers
- Learn how to use Group Selection to exercise more control over your report content
- Do Group Selection and Record Selection
- Learn how to use the Menu Bar Selection tool for more powerful capabilities than the Select Expert
Chapter 5 - Advanced Grouping Concepts
- Learn how to create Specified Order Groups and Custom Group names
Chapter 6 - Parameters, How to create Parameters so the user can change report content at run time
- Learn how to create and implement Crystal's Parameter features to allow users to dynamically change report content such as date ranges, numeric calculations, dynamic grouping and sorting etc.
- Parameters allow users at run time to make choices which will change the report content without requiring design changes to the report
- Learn how to password protect content of your report
Chapter 7 - Cross Tabs
- Learn how to use 2 dimensional Cross Tabs to present information comparatively in a table like presentation. Cross Tabs are also commonly called Pivot Tables
Chapter 8 - Advanced Formulas, Multi Pass concepts, Variables, Summarization Mechanism, Arrays, Looping, Nested if then else, Select Case
- Learn how to take Crystal formula tool to the next level by taking command of Crystal's built in timing features and understanding and using Multi pass reporting
- Learn how to create and use Variables in order to store information for reuse in other formulas
- Learn how to use looping as an alternative technique to store information to make your formula code more efficient
- Learn how to use Looping to add more capabilities and functionality to your formulas
- Learn how to Sum - Sums
Chapter 9 - SubReports, Using Subreports to solve issues with databases and to produce reports that functionally can?t be done in a single report
- Learn how to use Sub Reports to help solve problems when the information stored in the database tables is not conducive to building a report
- Learn about Unlinked SubReports
- Learn about Linked SubReports
- Learn about On Demand SubReports
- Learn how to use SubReports as a workaround when you can't link tables
- Learn how to pass data between the Main and SubReports
Chapter 10 Custom Functions
- How to create a basic custom function in Crystal?s Formula Workshop
Chapter 11 - Building a Report using Crystal's 'Commands'
- How to manually use SQL to create a report using a Crystal 'Command'
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Full refund or credit up to first break on day of the course. Learning is guaranteed and students can re-take as many times as needed within 6 months for $50 re-booking fee.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 234 times.