This online-instructor led course introduces the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. Course positions students to successfully complete the exam needed for entry into the future ITIL v3 intermediate level courses.
- Course Outline
This online-instructor led course introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. As well as an engaging, case study based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course also positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL v3 intermediate level training courses.
The ITIL Version 3 best practice is composed of five core disciplines: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement. These disciplines represent a service life cycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
Qual-IT understands that IT Service Management improvement initiatives are different for each and every organization. Therefore, we can tailor the delivery of this course to you particular needs. Whether you are at the beginning stages of your ITSM program, or are well into your improvements, Qual-IT works with you to cover the topics and provide you the information you need to move forward in the most effective manner.
Course Description: Qual-IT employs a learning platform provided by one of the leaders in collaborative distance learning, Elluminate. This online tool is widely used by school systems and universities throughout the world. Students will log on to this virtual classroom where ever they are, and will be able to learn and collaborate with other both visually and audibly. Qual-IT uses the environment for lectures, white boarding (by instructors and students), breakout rooms, live content, quizzing and sharing of ideas and experiences.
Each student will be provided a login during the ordering process, that will give the access to the sessions, and recordings of each session. They will visually see the lecture on their PC, with two way audio communication with the instructor and other students facilitated through integrated VOIP technology.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the main processes, relationships, benefits and challenges of ITIL v3.
- Gain insight into the holistic service life cycle approach that forms the core of ITIL v3.
- Understand how these processes contribute to making an IT organization manageable.
- Learn the most important ITIL v3 definitions.
- Gain access to a standardized vocabulary.
- Prepare for the certified ITIL v3 Foundation examination.
Course Student Material Each student is required to purchase the book, "The Unofficial ITIL v3 Foundations Course in a Book", ISBM 1-4392-2633-4. It can either be purchased from though Qual-IT or Amazon.com. Each session is recorded and made available to students for the duration of the course and 30 days thereafter for studying purposes. Low Noise headsets will be provided to each student upon request.
About the Exam: The exam is a closed book, where the student has 60 minutes to answer forty (40) multiple choice questions. The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions). Students receive two (2) credits toward the ITIL Expert level upon passing the exam. Exams can not be administered remotely, Qual-IT will work with your organization to facilitate exams through authorized ITIL examination bodies
ATTN US CLIENTS: This course is price in Canadian Dollars on this website, American clients can expect to pay the equivalent of $850 USD for full price registration and $680.00 USD for last minute seat sales.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
Qual-IT requires written notice of cancellation or reschedule 10 business days prior to scheduled delivery date to avoid a cancellation fee.
- If the cancellation or reschedule notice is received less than 10 business days from the scheduled beginning of the first day of class, a 50% charge of the course fee will be charged.
- If cancellation or reschedule notice is received less than 5 business days from the scheduled beginning of the first day of class, a 100% charge of the course fee will be charged.
- If cancellation occurs and courseware has been purchased, Qual-IT will charge for courseware. If the courseware can be returned, all shipping and other charges involved with a return will be charged.
- If any travel arrangements have been made prior to cancellation, all travel expenses that are non-cancelable will be charged along with any date change fees.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 233 times.