Learn the project management body of knowledge in a 6-day comprehensive program paced to appeal those currently working in a project management (PM) environment. Instructors for this course bring a PM discipline gained from years of managing projects...
- Course Outline
Learn the project management body of knowledge in a 6-day comprehensive program paced to appeal those currently working in a project management (PM) environment. Instructors for this course bring a PM discipline gained from years of managing projects in rigorous project-driven industries.
This “professional” level course appeals to a wide audience from a broad mix of industries. Participants including engineers, software developers, and manufacturers, engaged in technical projects. Others are involved in business and financial projects. This course facilitates discussions among the participants about their project management challenges and successes.
Once completed, you will return to your workplace qualified to improve your organization's PM process. Many people who have taken our course have gone on to a high-profile position in their organization.
For those preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, this and related courses, have prepared more people for the PMP® exam than any other course in Canada.
By the conclusion of this course, you will learn the 42 processes of the benchmark publication A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) published by the Project Management Institute (PMI). In addition, you are also entitled to a free subscription to our PMP Helpline and PMP Intelligence messages.
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Become conversant with the whole breadth of modern project management.
- Increase your own PM “lessons learned” by learning from the PM experiences of others.
- Add techniques to your PM “toolbox,” increasing your value to your organization and in the job marketplace.
- Return to your workplace equipped to improve your organization's PM process
- Prepare to take the PMP examination (should you choose).
The Complete Project Management Seminar is appropriate for individuals who:
- Are being appointed as a Project Manager or a Project Management Office Director.
- Want to enhance their resume and marketability in the project management job market.
- Work in a project management environment, in any industry or discipline, and wants to increase their PM knowledge.
- Want to prepare for PMP® designation
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions. You will also receive the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Guide, and Farndale's PMP® and CAPM® Preparation Guide (with a thorough sample exam).
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- PM Body of Knowledge
- Project Life Cycles
- Project Planning
- Exercise: Stakeholder Requirements
- Project Initiation
- Project Charter
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Scope Statements and Scope Changes
- Exercise: Work Breakdown Structure
- Type and Hierarchy of Schedules
- Logic Networks: ADM, PDM, CPM
- Duration Estimating
- Resource Loading/Leveling
- Risk Analysis & Contingency
- Schedule Reporting and Control
- Critical Path Compression
- Exercises: Post-it ® Note Schedule Development, Resource Leveling, Crashing
- Cost Estimating
- Contingency Allowance
- Cost Reporting and Control
- Earned Value
- Cost Control
- Estimates to Complete
- Contingency Management
- Exercises: Estimating, Earned Value
- Customer Requirements
- Cost of Quality
- Tools of Quality Control
- Process Control Charts
- QM Standards
- Exercises: Pareto Diagram, Application to PM
- Organizing for Procurement
- Contract Law
- Procurement Planning
- Contract Types
- Risk Allocation
- Solicitation & Source Selection
- Contract Administration
- Dispute Avoidance & Resolution
- Contract Close-Out
- Exercises: Battle of the Forms, Evaluation Criteria, Procurement Plan
- Risk Identification
- Expected Monetary Value
- Decision Trees
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Risk Response Planning
- Exercises:Risk Identification, Risk Mapping, Risk Tolerance, Risk Responses
- Organizing for Projects: Projectized / Functional / Matrix, Behavioural Matters
- Motivation & Leadership
- Power and Influence
- Team Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Exercises:Working in a Matrix, Applying Behavioural Theories, Situational Leadership, Conflict Resolution
- Process of Communication
- Communications Plan
- Progress Reports
- Virtual Teams
- Exercises: Communication Failures, Communications Planning
- PM as a Profession
- Ethics and Diversity
- Exercises: Ethical Dilemmas
- Trends in Project Management
- Organizational Maturity
- Types of Project Environments
- Prerequisites & Certificates
3-day Project Management Essentials (or its equivalent), or You already work in a project management environment that manage project scope, cost, time, quality, etc.
- Cancellation Policy
A 20% cancellation fee applies for cancellations received up to fourteen (14) business days before the course. Any cancellation up to five (5) business days before the course is subject to the entire course fee, which you may apply toward a future course for a one year period (subject to availability). The course fee is non-transferrable and non refundable five (5) business days prior to the scheduled delivery date.
Please note that if you do not cancel and do not attend, you will still be responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time. If Procept finds it necessary to cancel a course due to low enrolment, a full refund will be made. Procept will not be responsible for participant's expenses.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1560 times.