This fundamental 2-day course continues to provide you with the hands-on skills to plan and manage project activities using Microsoft Project. The scheduling techniques are learned through a series of progressive exercises which simulate a real project.
- Course Outline
This fundamental 2-day course continues to provide you with the hands-on skills to plan and manage project activities using Microsoft Project.
You will learn and practice Microsoft Project at your own dedicated computer. The scheduling techniques are learned through a series of progressive exercises which simulate a real project. At the beginning of each exercise, participants load a new project file which contains all the information correctly input from the previous exercise. As a result, those with slower typing skills are not left behind. By completion, participants will have fully defined a project from beginning to end, and will have performed project updates and reporting.
Learning Objectives You will gain practical skills to:
* Effectively define a project, assign resources and costs to activities, set a project baseline, input actual project status, identify resource conflicts, and produce meaningful reports.
* Use advanced features such as individual resource calendars, custom layout definitions, filters, and the use of custom data fields.
* Understand both the positive and negative aspects of the software in order to fully understand the applicability of the software for their needs.
* Discuss real-world issues such as managing multiple projects, sharing of resources, and the efficient use of the software within large and small organizations.
Who Should Attend The Microsoft Project Essentials course is suitable for individuals who are:
* Project Managers, Project administrators and team members
* Using Microsoft Project to plan and manage new projects, and those who require enough knowledge to understand its capabilities and to access previously defined project data..
* Using (or perhaps exploring) the software without the benefit of having been formally trained.
What you will learn
Getting Started with Project
* Views, Reports, Project Properties, Nonworking Days
* Creating a New Project Plan
Time Management Personality Types
* Time management types
* Time management types strengths and weaknesses
* Working with the opposite type
* Personal SWOT analysis
Creating a Task List
* Entering Tasks, Durations, Milestones, Phases
* Linking Tasks
* Documenting Tasks
* Checking the Plan’s Duration
Setting Up Resources
* People, Equipment, Material, and Cost Resources
* Entering Resource Pay Rates
* Adjusting Working Time for Individual Resources
* Documenting Resources
Assigning Resources to Tasks
* Assigning Work Resources
* The Scheduling Formula
* Assigning Additional Resources
* Assigning Material Resources
* Assigning Cost Resources
Formatting and Printing Your Plan
* Creating a Custom Gantt Chart
* Formatting Text in a View
* Formatting and Printing Reports
Tracking Progress on Tasks
* Saving a Project Baseline
* Tracking a Project as Scheduled
* Entering a Task’s Completion Percentage
* Entering Actual Values for Tasks
* Is the Project on Track?
Fine-Tuning Task Details
* Adjusting Task Relationships
* Setting Task Constraints
* Viewing the Project’s Critical Path and Float
* Adjusting Working Time for Individual Tasks
* Entering Deadline Dates, Fixed Costs
Fine-Tuning Resource and Assignment Details
* Entering Multiple Pay Rates
* Setting up Resource Availability
* Applying Different Cost Rates to Assignments
* Entering Material Resource Consumption Rates
Fine-Tuning the Project Plan
* Examining Resource Allocations over Time
* Manually Resolving Resource Over-Allocations
* Examining Project Costs
Tracking Progress on Tasks and Assignments
* Updating a Baseline
* Tracking Actual and Remaining Values
* Tracking Time-phased Actual Work
* Rescheduling Incomplete Work
Viewing and Reporting Project Status
* Identifying Tasks That Have Slipped
* Examining Task Costs
* Examining Resource Costs
* Reporting Project Cost Variance with a Stoplight View
Getting Your Project Back on Track
* Troubleshooting Time and Schedule Problems
* Troubleshooting Cost and Resource Problems
* Troubleshooting Scope-of-Work Problems
Applying Advanced Formatting
* Formatting a Gantt Chart View
- Prerequisites & Certificates
3-day Project Management Essentials (or an equivalent fundamental PM course)
You will receive a complete book on the use of Microsoft Project, a course binder, and CDs with all the Microsoft Project data files used in the course. Participants will receive a Certificate of completion.
- Cancellation Policy
A 20% cancellation fee applies for cancellations received up to fourteen (14) business days before the course. Any cancellation up to five (5) business days before the course is subject to the entire course fee, which you may apply toward a future course for a one year period (subject to availability). The course fee is non-transferrable and non refundable five (5) business days prior to the scheduled delivery date.
Please note that if you do not cancel and do not attend, you will still be responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time. If Procept finds it necessary to cancel a course due to low enrolment, a full refund will be made. Procept will not be responsible for participant's expenses.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 304 times.