This 3-day course is designed to provide you a fundamental understanding of core business analysis tools used for planning, elicitation & documentation of requirements. It is appropriate for Project Managers, Senior Managers, subject matter experts...
- Course Outline
This 3-day course is designed to provide you a fundamental understanding of core business analysis tools used for planning, elicitation and documentation of requirements.
This course is appropriate for Project Managers, Senior Managers, subject matter experts, and other project resources and will provide you with a better understanding of the value business analysis can bring to a project and the basic tools used to bring that value.
Taught through a series of discussions, examples, and real world hands-on exercises drawn from IT projects and real life, you will walk out with basic tools that can be applied immediately to projects assigned to you, whether your primary role is of a Project Manager, Product Manager, Developer, Quality Assurance Manager or other core project team member. This course is based on BABOK® v2.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES Participants will gain practical skills to:
* Evaluate underlying business analysis competencies to gain an appreciation of how BAs add value to an organization.
* Distinguish and give examples of the differences between business analysis and project management.
* List and give examples of different requirement types.
* Analyze and document a business problem.
* Contrast viable solutions against developed decision criteria.
* Describe the important sections of a business case.
* Formulate criteria to determine best technique to elicit requirements.
* Elicit requirements from various stakeholders using various methods.
* Construct common requirement documentation deliverables.
* Analyze business requirements.
* Apply a robust requirement prioritization technique.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND The Business Analysis Essentials course is appropriate for:
* Project Managers
* Senior Managers
* Subject matter experts
* Product Managers
* Quality Assurance resources
* Other project resources
* Business Analysts, both junior and senior, who want more comprehensive business analysis knowledge should consider our Comprehensive Business Analysis Seminar Part 1 & Comprehensive Business Analsysis Seminar Part 2, or our Certificate in Business Analysis.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN Introduction to Business Analysis
* Differences between BA and PM
* Essential skills for a BA
* BA deliverables
* The role of the BA on a project
* Problem Analysis
* Root Cause Analysis
* Affinity Charts
* Flow Charts
* Cause and Effect Diagrams
* Pareto Chart
* Understanding the Organization
* Developing a Business Case
* Writing a Problem Statement
* Requirement Types
* Developing Scope
* Writing High Level and Detailed Requirements
* Planning Business Analysis Work
* Surveys and Questionnaires
* Joint Application Design
* Focus Groups
* Scenarios / Use Cases
* Process Modeling
* Data Flow Diagrams (DFD)
* Activity Diagrams
* Data Modeling
* Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD)
* Business Requirement Document (BRD)
* Prioritizing requirements
* Organizing and Classifying requirements
* CRUD technique
* Determine Viable Options
* Developing Decision Criteria
* Recommending Solutions
* Cost Benefit Analysis
- Prerequisites & Certificates
There are no prerequisites for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
Certificate of completion You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises and suggested solutions.
- Cancellation Policy
A 20% cancellation fee applies for cancellations received up to fourteen (14) business days before the course. Any cancellation up to five (5) business days before the course is subject to the entire course fee, which you may apply toward a future course for a one year period (subject to availability). The course fee is non-transferrable and non refundable five (5) business days prior to the scheduled delivery date.
Please note that if you do not cancel and do not attend, you will still be responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time. If Procept finds it necessary to cancel a course due to low enrolment, a full refund will be made. Procept will not be responsible for participant's expenses.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 682 times.