In this course, experienced Excel users will learn how to program with use Excel VBA Macros.
- Course Outline
This course is intended for participants who are familiar with Excel 2000, 2002 or 2003.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Understand key concepts that will be used to build custom solutions using Microsoft Excel VBA Macros
- Become familiar with basic macro techniques for recording, writing, running, and maintaining a macro
- Understand how Visual Basic for Applications is incorporated, used, and modified in Microsoft Exce
- Learn how to design and layout a user form and controls to create a customized dialog box tosimplify data entry
- Understand how to prepare an Excel Workbook containing macros and toolbars, for deployment to other users and machines
- Learn to customize macros with VBA source code to automate data entry tasks and enable source code protection
- Learn to enhance source code with variables, constants, and logical operators
- Learn to handle the three types of errors that can be generated when working with source code
- Learn to access external data by using ActiveX Data Objects
- Learn to use Excel as an automation server to control Excel objects externally outside of the application
Data Entry Concepts
VBA Programming Basics
Using the Visual Basic Editor
Understanding VBA Code
Executing VBA Code
VBA Help Reference
VBA User Form Basics
Planning User Forms
Designing User Forms
Preparing for Deployment
Creating Custom Toolbars
Creating Custom Macro Buttons
Prompting for User Input
Automating Data Entry
Recording Absolute vs. Relative References
Protecting VBA Source Code
Enhancing VBA Code
Writing Source Code
Variables and Constants
Accessing External Data
ActiveX Data Objects Concepts
Connecting to a Database
Retrieving Records from a Database
Working with Object Models
Excel’s Object Model
Automating Excel with VBScript
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Excel 2000, 2002 or 2003 Level 2
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy & Satisfaction Guarantee
You may cancel or reschedule your registration without penalty up to 5 business days before your class date.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located at 950 - 167 Lombard Avenue, in Exchange District. A training manual is provided. We encourage all students to bring in a USB stick for student files as we no longer hand out course files on a CD.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located in the picturesque downtown Exchange District at 950-167 Lombard Avenue, in the Grain Exchange Building, you can access the building from Rorie Street and Lombard Avenue.
Class Times and Other Details
ASAP Training Ltd. classes begin promptly at 8:30 am and end around 4:00 pm. Our doors open at 8:00 am. Coffee and tea are provided for students. We have a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator available for student use if they wish to bring their own lunch. Lunch break is one hour from approximately 11:30 to 12:30. A telephone and sitting area are available for student use. Our office is a non-smoking facility and is wheelchair accessible.
There are many restaurants available within walking distance of the school.
For your convenience, we have also provided a map of the available Parking Lots in proximity to the Grain Exchange Building, indoor and outdoor parking.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 505 times.