This course is for students who want to expand their knowledge of Adobe InDesign by using advanced features & collaboration tools. In this course, you will use the advanced features of Adobe InDesign CS5 to create & design content for the web & print.
- Course Start Date: Aug. 29
- Location: Winnipeg
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 Day
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Adobe InDesign Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
You will use the advanced features of Adobe In Design CS5 to create and design content for the web and print.
This course is intended for students who want to expand their entry-level knowledge of Adobe InDesign by using advanced features and collaboration tools.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- handle page elements.
- manage styles.
- develop complex paths.
- import and export data to external files.
- work with XML files.
- create dynamic documents.
- manage long documents.
- export InDesign files to other formats.
- adjust print settings.
Lesson 1: Handling Page Elements
- Topic 1A: Create Duplicate Items
- Topic 1B: Handle Text Layouts
- Topic 1C: Create Transparency
- Topic 1D: Create Anchored Objects
- Topic 1E: Manage a Library
- Topic 2A: Import Styles from Microsoft Word Documents
- Topic 2B: Create Nested Styles
- Topic 2C: Create Related Styles
- Topic 2D: Apply Styles in a Sequence
- Topic 2E: Manage Style Overrides
- Topic 2F: Redefine Styles
- Topic 2G: Break the Link to Styles
- Topic 3A: Create Bezier Paths
- Topic 3B: Create Clipping Paths
- Topic 3C: Create Compound Paths
- Topic 3D: Create Type Outlines
- Topic 4A: Import Layered Files
- Topic 4B: Merge Data
- Topic 5A: Integrate XML Content into a Document
- Topic 5B: Import XML Content
- Topic 5C: Create a Snippet
- Topic 6A: Create Interactive Documents
- Topic 6B: Insert Footnotes
- Topic 6C: Insert Text Variables
- Topic 6D: Create Text Conditions
- Topic 6E: Create Document Sections
- Topic 7A: Create a Book
- Topic 7B: Create a Table of Contents
- Topic 7C: Create Hyperlinks
- Topic 7D: Create Cross-References
- Topic 7E: Generate an Index
- Topic 8A: Export PDF Files
- Topic 8B: Export Files for the Web
- Topic 8C: Export Files for Animation
- Topic 9A: Manage Colors
- Topic 9B: Preview the Print Output
- Topic 9C: Create Print Presets
Appendix B: Organizing Assets Using Adobe Bridge
Appendix C: New Features in Adobe InDesign CS5
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To ensure your success in this course, it is strongly recommended that you take the following Element K course: Adobe InDesign CS5: Level 1, or have equivalent knowledge.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy & Satisfaction Guarantee
You may cancel or reschedule your registration without penalty up to 5 business days before your class date.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located at 950 - 167 Lombard Avenue, in Exchange District. A training manual is provided. We encourage all students to bring in a USB stick for student files as we no longer hand out course files on a CD.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located in the picturesque downtown Exchange District at 950-167 Lombard Avenue, in the Grain Exchange Building, you can access the building from Rorie Street and Lombard Avenue.
Class Times and Other Details
ASAP Training Ltd. classes begin promptly at 8:30 am and end around 4:00 pm. Our doors open at 8:00 am. Coffee and tea are provided for students. We have a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator available for student use if they wish to bring their own lunch. Lunch break is one hour from approximately 11:30 to 12:30. A telephone and sitting area are available for student use. Our office is a non-smoking facility and is wheelchair accessible.
There are many restaurants available within walking distance of the school.
For your convenience, we have also provided a map of the available Parking Lots in proximity to the Grain Exchange Building, indoor and outdoor parking.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ASAP - New Location
950 167 Lombard Avenue
Canada R3B 0V3
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 8 times.