This course is intended for students who want to explore the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layout and designs. In this course, you will utilize Adobe InDesign CS5 to create & deliver eye-catching printed documents.
- Course Outline
You will utilize Adobe® InDesign CS5 to create and deliver eye-catching printed documents.
This course is intended for students who want to explore the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layout and designs.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the various elements of the Adobe InDesign interface.
- design documents.
- enhance documents with formats, color, and styles.
- work with page elements.
- manage objects.
- work with tables.
- finalize documents.
Lesson 1: Exploring the InDesign Environment
- Topic 1A: Identify the InDesign Interface Components
- Topic 1B: Customize the Interface
- Topic 1C: Use the Navigation Controls
- Topic 1D: Set General and Interface Preferences
- Topic 2A: Create a Document
- Topic 2B: Add Text
- Topic 2C: Add Graphical Objects
- Topic 3A: Format Characters and Paragraphs
- Topic 3B: Apply Colors, Swatches, and Gradients
- Topic 3C: Apply Fills and Strokes
- Topic 3D: Create and Apply Styles
- Topic 4A: Arrange Objects
- Topic 4B: Align Objects
- Topic 4C: Manage Page Elements with Layers
- Topic 5A: Transform Objects
- Topic 5B: Manipulate Objects
- Topic 5C: Thread Text Frames
- Topic 5D: Search and Replace Content
- Topic 5E: Edit Text
- Topic 6A: Create a Table
- Topic 6B: Modify a Table Structure
- Topic 6C: Format a Table
- Topic 7A: Check Documents for Errors
- Topic 7B: Print a Document
- Topic 7C: Package Files
- Topic 7D: Export PDF Files for Commercial Printing
- Topic 7E: Prepare PDF Files for Web Distribution
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with the functions of their computer's operating system such as creating folders, launching programs, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, retrieving and saving files. Familiarity with other Adobe software applications is helpful, but not required.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy & Satisfaction Guarantee
You may cancel or reschedule your registration without penalty up to 5 business days before your class date.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located at 950 - 167 Lombard Avenue, in Exchange District. A training manual is provided. We encourage all students to bring in a USB stick for student files as we no longer hand out course files on a CD.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located in the picturesque downtown Exchange District at 950-167 Lombard Avenue, in the Grain Exchange Building, you can access the building from Rorie Street and Lombard Avenue.
Class Times and Other Details
ASAP Training Ltd. classes begin promptly at 8:30 am and end around 4:00 pm. Our doors open at 8:00 am. Coffee and tea are provided for students. We have a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator available for student use if they wish to bring their own lunch. Lunch break is one hour from approximately 11:30 to 12:30. A telephone and sitting area are available for student use. Our office is a non-smoking facility and is wheelchair accessible.
There are many restaurants available within walking distance of the school.
For your convenience, we have also provided a map of the available Parking Lots in proximity to the Grain Exchange Building, indoor and outdoor parking.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 4075 times.