This course is for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people switching to a design job or taking on design responsibilities, who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, etc.
- Course Outline
You will use Adobe Illustrator CS5 to create illustrations that include graphics and text.
This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people switching to a design job or taking on design responsibilities, who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- get acquainted with the Adobe Illustrator CS5 application.
- create shapes in a document.
- create custom paths.
- work with text in an Illustrator document.
- work with objects.
- enhance documents.
- proof documents to make them more accurate.
- save images for web and print.
Lesson 1: Getting Acquainted with Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Topic 1A: Examine Imaging Concepts
- Topic 1B: Explore the Interface
- Topic 1C: Customize the Interface
- Topic 2A: Create a Document
- Topic 2B: Draw Basic Shapes
- Topic 2C: Save a Document
- Topic 3A: Draw Paths
- Topic 3B: Modify Paths
- Topic 4A: Insert Text
- Topic 4B: Flow Text on a Path
- Topic 4C: Import Body Text
- Topic 4D: Format Text with Styles
- Topic 4E: Thread Text
- Topic 4F: Apply Hyphenation
- Topic 4G: Insert Typographic Characters
- Topic 5A: Import Graphics
- Topic 5B: Manipulate Objects
- Topic 6A: Format Objects
- Topic 6B: Apply Strokes
- Topic 6C: Apply Gradients
- Topic 6D: Apply Graphic Styles
- Topic 6E: Apply an Envelope to Text
- Topic 7A: Wrap Text
- Topic 7B: Find and Replace Text
- Topic 7C: Fix Spelling Errors
- Topic 8A: Export Images for Print
- Topic 8B: Save Images for the Web
- Topic 8C: Save Images as PDFs
Appendix B: New Features in Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with the basic functions of their computer's operating system such as creating folders, launching programs, and working with windows. Students should also have basic Windows application skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, saving files, and so on. Familiarity with basic design terminology, such as palettes, color modes, shapes, text, and paths is highly recommended.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy & Satisfaction Guarantee
You may cancel or reschedule your registration without penalty up to 5 business days before your class date.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located at 950 - 167 Lombard Avenue, in Exchange District. A training manual is provided. We encourage all students to bring in a USB stick for student files as we no longer hand out course files on a CD.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located in the picturesque downtown Exchange District at 950-167 Lombard Avenue, in the Grain Exchange Building, you can access the building from Rorie Street and Lombard Avenue.
Class Times and Other Details
ASAP Training Ltd. classes begin promptly at 8:30 am and end around 4:00 pm. Our doors open at 8:00 am. Coffee and tea are provided for students. We have a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator available for student use if they wish to bring their own lunch. Lunch break is one hour from approximately 11:30 to 12:30. A telephone and sitting area are available for student use. Our office is a non-smoking facility and is wheelchair accessible.
There are many restaurants available within walking distance of the school.
For your convenience, we have also provided a map of the available Parking Lots in proximity to the Grain Exchange Building, indoor and outdoor parking.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 4529 times.