The Level 3 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance.
- Course Outline
Your training in and use of Microsoft Office Access 2007 has provided you with a solid foundation in the basic and intermediate skills for working in Microsoft Office Access 2007. You have worked with the various Access objects, such as tables, queries, forms, and reports. In this course, you will extend your knowledge into some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities of Access by structuring existing data, writing advanced queries, working with macros, enhancing forms and reports, and maintaining a database.
You will create complex Access databases by structuring existing data, writing advanced queries, working with macros, making effective use of forms and reports, and also by performing database maintenance.
The Level 3 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance. It is also designed as one in a series of courses for students pursuing the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification for Microsoft Office Access 2007, and it is a prerequisite to take more advanced courses in Microsoft Office Access 2007.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- restructure data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy.
- write advanced queries to analyze and summarize data.
- create and revise Access macros.
- display data more effectively in a form.
- customize reports by using various Access features, thus making them more effective.
- maintain your database using tools provided by Access.
Lesson 1: Structuring Existing Data
- Topic 1A: Analyze Tables
- Topic 1B: Create a Junction Table
- Topic 1C: Improve the Table Structure
- Topic 2A: Create Subqueries
- Topic 2B: Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
- Topic 2C: Group and Summarize Records Using Criteria
- Topic 2D: Summarize Data Using a Crosstab Query
- Topic 2E: Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
- Topic 3A: Create a Macro
- Topic 3B: Attach a Macro
- Topic 3C: Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Topic 3D: Validate Data Using a Macro
- Topic 3E: Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
- Topic 4A: Display a Calendar on a Form
- Topic 4B: Organize Information with Tab Pages
- Topic 4C: Display a Summary of Data in a Form
- Topic 5A: Include a Chart in a Report
- Topic 5B: Print Data in Columns
- Topic 5C: Cancel Printing of a Blank Report
- Topic 5D: Create a Report Snapshot
- Topic 6A: Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Topic 6B: Manage a Database
- Topic 6C: Determine Object Dependency
- Topic 6D: Document a Database
- Topic 6E: Analyze the Performance of a Database
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To ensure the successful completion of Microsoft Office Access 2007(TM): Level 3, the following Element K courses or equivalent knowledge are recommended for familiarity with: basic and intermediate features of Access tables, relationships, queries, forms, and reports, as well as: Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 1 Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy & Satisfaction Guarantee
You may cancel or reschedule your registration without penalty up to 5 business days before your class date.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located at 950 - 167 Lombard Avenue, in Exchange District. A training manual is provided. We encourage all students to bring in a USB stick for student files as we no longer hand out course files on a CD.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located in the picturesque downtown Exchange District at 950-167 Lombard Avenue, in the Grain Exchange Building, you can access the building from Rorie Street and Lombard Avenue.
Class Times and Other Details
ASAP Training Ltd. classes begin promptly at 8:30 am and end around 4:00 pm. Our doors open at 8:00 am. Coffee and tea are provided for students. We have a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator available for student use if they wish to bring their own lunch. Lunch break is one hour from approximately 11:30 to 12:30. A telephone and sitting area are available for student use. Our office is a non-smoking facility and is wheelchair accessible.
There are many restaurants available within walking distance of the school.
For your convenience, we have also provided a map of the available Parking Lots in proximity to the Grain Exchange Building, indoor and outdoor parking.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 4018 times.