The Level 3 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with heavily related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance.
- Course Outline
Your training in and use of Microsoft Office Access 2003 has provided you with a solid foundation in the basic and intermediate skills for working in Microsoft Office Access 2003. You're now ready to extend your knowledge into some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities.
You will create complex Access databases using forms, reports, and macros.
This course is designed for the student who wishes to learn intermediate and advanced operations of the Microsoft Office Access 2003 database program. The Level 3 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with heavily related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance. It is also designed as one in a series of courses for students pursuing the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification for Microsoft Office Access 2003, and it is a prerequisite to taking more advanced courses in Microsoft Office Access 2003.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- restructure an existing set of data to improve the design of a database.
- use a variety of techniques to summarize and present data with queries.
- create and revise basic Access macros.
- create macros that improve data entry efficiency and integrity.
- improve the effectiveness of data entry in forms.
- improve the effectiveness of data displayed in reports.
- maintain an Access database by using various utility tools.
Lesson 1: Structuring Existing Data
- Topic 1A: Import Data
- Topic 1B: Analyze Tables
- Topic 1C: Create a Junction Table
- Topic 1D: Improve Table Structure
- Topic 2A: Create Unmatched and Duplicates Queries
- Topic 2B: Group and Summarize Records Using the Criteria Field
- Topic 2C: Summarize Data with a Crosstab Query
- Topic 2D: Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
- Topic 2E: Display a Graphical Summary on a Form
- Topic 3A: Create a Macro
- Topic 3B: Attach a Macro to a Command Button
- Topic 3C: Restrict Records Using a Where Condition
- Topic 4A: Require Data Entry with a Macro
- Topic 4B: Display a Message Box with a Macro
- Topic 4C: Automate Data Entry
- Topic 5A: Change the Display of Data Conditionally
- Topic 5B: Display a Calendar on a Form
- Topic 5C: Organize Information with Tab Pages
- Topic 6A: Cancel Printing of a Blank Report
- Topic 6B: Include a Chart in a Report
- Topic 6C: Arrange Data in Columns
- Topic 6D: Create a Report Snapshot
- Topic 7A: Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Topic 7B: Back Up a Database
- Topic 7C: Compact and Repair a Database
- Topic 7D: Protect a Database with a Password
- Topic 7E: Determine Object Dependency
- Topic 7F: Document a Database
- Topic 7G: Analyze the Performance of a Database
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To ensure the successful completion of Microsoft Office Access 2003: Level 3, we recommend completion of the following Element K courses, or equivalent knowledge (familiarity with basic and intermediate features of Access tables, relationships, queries, forms, and reports) from another source: Microsoft Office Access 2003: Level 1 Microsoft Office Access 2003: Level 2
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy & Satisfaction Guarantee
You may cancel or reschedule your registration without penalty up to 5 business days before your class date.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located at 950 - 167 Lombard Avenue, in Exchange District. A training manual is provided. We encourage all students to bring in a USB stick for student files as we no longer hand out course files on a CD.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located in the picturesque downtown Exchange District at 950-167 Lombard Avenue, in the Grain Exchange Building, you can access the building from Rorie Street and Lombard Avenue.
Class Times and Other Details
ASAP Training Ltd. classes begin promptly at 8:30 am and end around 4:00 pm. Our doors open at 8:00 am. Coffee and tea are provided for students. We have a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator available for student use if they wish to bring their own lunch. Lunch break is one hour from approximately 11:30 to 12:30. A telephone and sitting area are available for student use. Our office is a non-smoking facility and is wheelchair accessible.
There are many restaurants available within walking distance of the school.
For your convenience, we have also provided a map of the available Parking Lots in proximity to the Grain Exchange Building, indoor and outdoor parking.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2312 times.