If you want to develop your team leadership skills and unleash the talent of your individual team members, this workshop is a practical look at current leadership practices that work.
- Course Outline
DEVELOPING HIGH-PERFORMANCE TEAMS
Your success as a manager can often depend on how well your team operates. How are their problem-solving skills? Are they enthusiastic and motivated to do their best? Do they work well together? There have been hundreds of studies demonstrating that human beings function better and learn better in groups. If you want to develop your team leadership skills and unleash the talent of your individual team members, this workshop is a practical look at current leadership practices that work.LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Examine the work practices of high performing teams
- Create line of sight between what your team does and your organization’s business strategy
- Build teamwork by recognizing and tapping into the twelve characteristics of an effective team
- Promote trust and rapport by exploring your team player style and how it impacts on group dynamics
- Recognize the key elements that move a team from involvement to empowerment and how to give these elements to your team
- Develop five training steps to unleash team potential and develop team problem-solving and assessment skills
- Develop a model for successfully mentoring and coaching others.
- Organizations Today
- Types of Teams
- Traditional Model
- Team Spirit Model
- Cutting Edge Model
- Task Force Model
- Cyber Team
- Defining Teams
- Developing Team Norms
- Stages of Team Development
- Clear Purpose
- Civilized Disagreements and Consensus
- Open Communication
- Clear Roles and Assignments
- Glenn Parker Team Survey
- Trust / Relationship Model
- Lateral Thinking
- Vertical Thinking
- Thinking Hats
- Team-Shaping Factors
- The Process of Effective Problem-Solving
- Find Out What\'s Wrong Before You Try to Fix Things
- Steps for Effective Problem-Solving
- Other Problem-Solving Techniques
- Dealing with Hidden Agendas
- Resolving Conflict
- Resolving Internal Conflict
- SWOT Analysis
- Team Action Plans
- Individual Action PlansMETHODOLOGY
- Large group discussions
- Individual work and reflection
- Small group discussion, exercises and activities
- Case studies
- Simulations / Role Plays
- Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers
- Completed pre-assignment
- 3 Days
- 10 – 20
- Prerequisites & Certificates
No prior knowledge required, completed pre-assignment
MANUALS / CERTIFICATES
All program fees include a manual on CD complete with self study lessons. Course manuals can be purchased for an additional fee and are dependent on subject and level. The manual fee is a passed through cost to our clients.
Upon completion of the each program each participant will receive a certificate of completion.
Parking is available for our students at the rear of the building.Please, donít park in the reserved parking spaces around the building, your car will be tagged and/or towed away.
BREAKS AND LUNCH
Our courses run between 9:00AM Ė 4:00PM. There are two 15 minutes coffee breaks: one at 10:30AM and the other are at 2:30PM. The lunch break is between 12:00AM and 1:00PM.
Coffee and suitable drinks are provided by us during the course. There are numerous restaurants and take-out places in the area, or you may prefer to bring your own lunch and enjoy it on site. Microwave and fridge available.
- Cancellation Policy
Commitment of resources and industry standards require that we be notified of any cancellation. As such, you may reschedule any training course up to five (5) working days before the actual training date. Simply call us, and we send you a new registration confirmation without extra charge. If training is rescheduled less than five (5) working days before the training date, a rescheduling fee of 50% of the course fee will be invoiced.
The latest time we accept rescheduling is until noon on the working day before
the training date. "No-shows" without prior notification are charged as if you had attended the course. There are no refunds. We reserve the right to cancel any course and reschedule if attendance is not sufficient to run the course. In this case you will be notified, usually five (5) working days or more prior to the
training day and the training is rescheduled.
- Map & Reviews
Careers in Transition
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 324 times.