Topics included in this 1 day course : Introduction to databases, designing from scratch, database relationships and theory, getting started with Access, tables, forms, queries and reports.
- Course Outline
Make more informed decisions by effectively tracking, reporting, and sharing information with Microsoft Access.Objectives
- Be familiar with the various objects in Access
- Explain the difference between flat file and relational databases
- Create a table design for a relational database
- Establish relationships between tables
- Work in and edit tables
- Design Forms using Form Wizard
- Design basic queries
- Design basic reports
Section 1 - Introduction to Databases
- What is a Database
- What can I do with a Database?
- The six components of an Access Database
- How is all of this possible?
- Concepts and Terminology
Section 2 - Designing from Scratch
- Deciding what to track - The first step in Design
Section 3 - Database Relationships and Theory
- Flat File Databases
- Relational Databases
- The Primary Key
- Types of relationships
- Grouping fields into tables
Section 4 - Getting Started with Access
- The Application Window
- The Database Window
Section 5 - Tables
- Creating a Table - Fields and Datatypes
- Field Properties Adding and Deleting Fields
- Working in a Table Adding and editing records
- Navigating a Table
- Creating relationships between tables
Section 6 - Forms
- What is a Form?
- Creating Forms with Form Wizard
- Using and Editing an Existing Data Form
Section 7 - Queries
- What is a Query?
- Designing a Query
- Relational Operators
- Wildcard Characters
Section 8 - Reports
- What is a Report?
- Creating Reports with Report Wizard
- Reports Based on Queries
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A thorough understanding of the Windows operating environment Strong mouse and keyboard ability
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2576 times.