Topics included in this 1 day course : Structure, Getting Database Information, Database Maintenance Using Action Queries, Calculated Fields with Functions, Linking and Importing, and Database Security.
- Course Start Date: Apr. 25
- Location: Vancouver
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Microsoft Access Training Seminars and Courses
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Make more informed decisions by effectively tracking, reporting, and sharing information with Microsoft Access.Objectives
- Explain 3 steps to normalize a database
- Explain 3 types of database relationships
- Use the Table Analyzer Wizard
- Explain query join properties
- Create command buttons on a form and attach macros
- Create action queries
- Use the IIF function to determine if a condition exists
- Use the Sum and Avg functions in a report
- Link and Import external data into Access
- Explain 2 ways to implement startup security
- Section 1 - Structure
- Understanding The Sample Database
- Relationships Review
- Section 2 - Getting Database Information
- Creating a Form Lookup
- Query Join Properties
- Form Letters using Reports
- Macros and the Where Condition
- Using Command Buttons
- Creating Reports for MS Word
- Trimming Fields
- Merging Data and Reports to MS Word
- Section 3 - Database Maintenance Using Action Queries
- Update Queries
- Delete Queries
- Make table Queries
- Append Queries
- Crosstab Queries
- Section 4 - Calculated Fields with Functions
- The Immediate If statement (IIF)
- Reviewing Calculations in Sub-forms
- The Average and Sum Functions
- Section 5 - Linking and Importing
- Linking external files to your database
- Importing files
- Section 6 - Database Security
- Adding a Database password
- Startup Security
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Microsoft Access 2003 Level 2 or equivalent experience
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
On Track New Location
609 Granville Street
Canada V7Y 1G6
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 9 times.