Topics included in this 1 day course : Introduction to databases, designing from scratch, database relationships and theory, getting started with Access, tables, forms, queries and reports.
- Course Start Date: Apr. 3
- Location: Vancouver
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Access Training Seminars and Courses
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Make more informed decisions by effectively tracking, reporting, and sharing information with Microsoft Access.Objectives
- Be familiar with the various objects in Access
- Explain the difference between flat file and relational databases
- Create a table design for a relational database
- Establish relationships between tables
- Work in and edit tables
- Design Forms using Form Wizard
- Design basic queries
- Design basic reports
Section 1 - Introduction to Databases
- What is a Database
- What can I do with a Database?
- The six components of an Access Database
- How is all of this possible?
- Concepts and Terminology
Section 2 - Designing from Scratch
- Deciding what to track - The first step in Design
Section 3 - Database Relationships and Theory
- Flat File Databases
- Relational Databases
- The Primary Key
- Types of relationships
- Grouping fields into tables
Section 4 - Getting Started with Access
- The Application Window
- The Database Window
Section 5 - Tables
- Creating a Table - Fields and Datatypes
- Field Properties Adding and Deleting Fields
- Working in a Table Adding and editing records
- Navigating a Table
- Creating relationships between tables
Section 6 - Forms
- What is a Form?
- Creating Forms with Form Wizard
- Using and Editing an Existing Data Form
Section 7 - Queries
- What is a Query?
- Designing a Query
- Relational Operators
- Wildcard Characters
Section 8 - Reports
- What is a Report?
- Creating Reports with Report Wizard
- Reports Based on Queries
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A thorough understanding of the Windows operating environment Strong mouse and keyboard ability
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
On Track New Location
609 Granville Street
Canada V7Y 1G6
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 10 times.