This workshop will help you become a better coach in all senses of the word.
- Course Outline
THE LEADING EDGE: LEADERSHIP THROUGH EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
This workshop addresses the needs of individuals who want to lead and inspire others in the corporate world.
Participants who complete this workshop will:
· Learn the key competencies of leadership including: Personal Awareness, Coaching and Feedback, Courage, Self Control and Acceptance, Conflict Resolution and Active Listening and Responding.
· Demonstrate accountability and courage when executing decisions and communicating with staff.
· Improve staff performance by identifying and overcoming the causes that block achievements.
· Accept others and their opinions to combine their skills for the most effective team environment.
· Build a mutual desire for trust.
· Look ahead and focus on growth and opportunities
· "The Making of a Leader." Setting the standards of leaders by establishing and defining key competencies, including:
· Personal Awareness
· Coaching and Feedback
· Self Control and Acceptance
· Conflict Resolution
· Active Listening and Responding
3. Competencies in Motion
· "Accountability." Participants are asked how they will take ownership of the competencies they have helped define. Are you 100 \\% responsible FOR yourself and TO others? (Personal Awareness)
· "Personality Profile". Identify yours and others\' personality types. This exercise helps participants achieve success with other personality types, particularly their staff. (Personal Awareness)
· "Viva La Difference!" When you accept others and their opinions, you will combine your skills with theirs for the most effective team environment. (Self Control and Acceptance, Coaching and Feedback)
· "The Porter Model." (Conflict Resolution, Courage)
· "Active Listening." Stay in the moment with the speaker. A must for establishing mutual respect with staff. (Active Listening and Responding)
· "Unstoppable Performance." Create a Personal Action Plan to implement your key behaviours.
- Large group discussion and activities
- Individual work, reflection and exercises
- Small group discussion, exercises and activities
- Personality Type Indicator (Quiz)
- Case studies / Critical incidents
- Simulations / Role Plays / Practice
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Team Leaders, Managers and Supervisors
- 1 Day
- Post-Workshop Individual Coaching (Optional)
- Post-Workshop Implementation – Lunch Box Learning (Optional)
- 6 – 20
- Prerequisites & Certificates
MANUALS / CERTIFICATES
All program fees include a manual on CD complete with self study lessons. Course manuals can be purchased for an additional fee and are dependent on subject and level. The manual fee is a passed through cost to our clients.
Upon completion of the each program each participant will receive a certificate of completion.
Parking is available for our students at the rear of the building.Please, donít park in the reserved parking spaces around the building, your car will be tagged and/or towed away.
BREAKS AND LUNCH
Our courses run between 9:00AM Ė 4:00PM. There are two 15 minutes coffee breaks: one at 10:30AM and the other are at 2:30PM. The lunch break is between 12:00AM and 1:00PM.
Coffee and suitable drinks are provided by us during the course. There are numerous restaurants and take-out places in the area, or you may prefer to bring your own lunch and enjoy it on site. Microwave and fridge available.
- Cancellation Policy
Commitment of resources and industry standards require that we be notified of any cancellation. As such, you may reschedule any training course up to five (5) working days before the actual training date. Simply call us, and we send you a new registration confirmation without extra charge. If training is rescheduled less than five (5) working days before the training date, a rescheduling fee of 50% of the course fee will be invoiced.
The latest time we accept rescheduling is until noon on the working day before
the training date. "No-shows" without prior notification are charged as if you had attended the course. There are no refunds. We reserve the right to cancel any course and reschedule if attendance is not sufficient to run the course. In this case you will be notified, usually five (5) working days or more prior to the
training day and the training is rescheduled.
- Map & Reviews
Careers in Transition
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 420 times.