This course provides students with product knowledge and skills needed to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database.
- Course Outline
This course provides students with product knowledge and skills needed to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2005 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
Lesson 1: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2005
- Preparing to install SQL Server.
- Installing SQL Server.
- Managing a SQL Server 2005 Installation.
- Planning databases.
- Creating databases.
- Managing databases.
- Overview of SQL Server Security.
- Securing the Server Scope.
- Securing the Database Scope.
- Implementing Cryptography in SQL Server.
- Planning a Backup Strategy.
- Backing Up User Databases.
- Restoring User Databases.
- Recovering Data from Database Snapshots.
- System Database and Disaster Recovery.
- Viewing Current Activity.
- Using System Monitor.
- Using SQL Server Profiler.
- Using DDL Triggers.
- Using Event Notifications.
- Overview of Data Transfer.
- Introduction to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Automating Administrative Tasks in SQL Server 2005.
- Configuring the SQL Server Agent.
- Creating Jobs and Operators.
- Create Alerts.
- Managing Multiple Servers.
- Managing SQL Server Agent Security
- Introduction to High Availability.
- Implementing Server Clustering.
- Implementing Database Mirroring.
- Implementing Log Shipping.
- Overview of Replication.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality - Working knowledge of Transact-SQL - Working knowledge of relational databases - Some experience with database design - 2779 Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database - 2778 Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Transact-SQL
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course will be fully refunded less a $75 processing fee. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
Acend Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 790 times.