- Adobe Flex Training Courses
- Flex 3 and LiveCycle Data Services: Integrating with Data and Messaging (2 Days)
This two day course instructs developers how to connect with remote data using web services and LiveCycle Data Services' features allowing communication with a Java-based server environment. In addition, skills will be learned how to manipulate and...
- Course Outline
Flex 3 and LiveCycle Data Services: Integrating with Data and Messaging provides experienced application developers with hands-on, practical experience connecting their Flex client applications to remote, dynamic data using LiveCycle Data Services. This two day course instructs developers how to connect with remote data using web services and LiveCycle Data Services' features allowing communication with a Java-based server environment. In addition, skills will be learned how to manipulate and format the returned data.
This course is designed for application developers who want to connect their Flex client applications to dynamic data using Java-based server environments and web services.
Lesson 1 - Introducing Flex 3 and LiveCycle Data Services: Integrating with Data and Messaging
- Introducing Mastery Learning
- Understanding the Course Format
- Reviewing the Course Prerequisites and Course Outline
Lesson 2 - Accessing Web Services
- Using web services
- Invoking web service methods and using the results
- Handling results using an event handler
- Walkthrough 2: Using a result event
- Handling faults
- Calling multiple methods from the same WebService object
- Passing Parameters to Web Services
- Importing Web Services in Flex Builder
- Introducing LiveCycle Data Services ES
- Installing LiveCycle Data Services
- Creating a Flex application for use with LiveCycle Data Services
- Understanding the Server Compilation Process
- LiveCycle Data Services Features
- The Proxy Service and The Proxy Service Default Destination
- Named Proxy Service Destinations
- Using BlazeDS
Lesson 4 - Using Java Classes with the Remoting Service
- Understanding the Remoting Service
- Handling RPC Events
- Complex Remote Method Calls
- Exchanging Data between ActionScript and Java
- Handling Server-Side Exceptions
- Remoting Service Runtime Configuration
Lesson 5 - Managing Data on the Client
- Understanding collection classes
- Filtering data on the client
- Sorting data on the client
- Using the IViewCursor interface
- Introducing the Message Service
- Sending Messages
- Receiving and Processing Messages
- Sending and Receiving Complex Data
- What is the Flex Data Management Service?
- Data Management Service Architecture
- Changing Data
- Managing Pending Changes
- Using Data Management Service Events
- Advanced Data Management Service Features
Lesson 8 - Providing XML to Controls with E4X
- Understanding XML structure
- Working with XML data in ActionScript 3
- Using E4X Expressions
- Using the Tree control
- Using Tree Control Events and Properties
- Using E4X Expressions for Search
- Removing Items from XML
- Implementing file transfer basics
- Uploading a file
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To gain the most from this class, you should: - Have attended the Flex 3: Developing Rich Client Applications course. - Have equivalent knowledge of the topics covered in Flex 3: Developing Rich Client Applications course.
Certificate of completion and course manual are provided.
- Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation/reschedule policy requires notification at least 10 business days before the class start date for a full refund. Please note that you are responsible for notifying NTG of your inability to attend class or you will be invoiced for the full payment.
Should you need to cancel in less than 10 business days before the start of the class, you will be given a 100% credit towards a future class that must be taken within 6 months of the start of the original class. If you are not able to reschedule to a future class, you will be charged 50% of the upfront registration fee.
Classes are subject to cancellation by NTG up to two weeks prior to the class date. It is important to keep this in mind before you purchase a non-refundable airline ticket.
- Map & Reviews
New Toronto Group
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 387 times.