This course focuses on teaching students the Server Side ActionScript, ActionScript 3 and Flash CS3 skills required to build real-world rich media applications with audio, video, and data that interact dynamically with the user.
- Course Outline
Flash Media Server 3: Application Development provides experienced Flash developers with the knowledge and hands-on practice they need to build and deliver Streaming and Social Media applications with Flash Media Server 3. This course focuses on teaching students the Server Side ActionScript, ActionScript 3 and Flash CS3 skills required to build real-world rich media applications with audio, video, and data that interact dynamically with the user.
This course is for experienced ActionScript 3 programmers who want to deliver Streaming Media Applications with Flash Media Server 3. To gain the most from this class, you should:
- Be comfortable using the Flash CS3 Professional authoring environment
- Have knowledge of basic programming constructs including loops, functions and objects
- Be familiar with basic ActionScript 3 concepts
Unit 1: Introducing the Course
- Reviewing the Course Prerequisites
- Reviewing the Course Format
- Outlining the Course Content
- Introducing Streaming and Social Media Applications
- Presenting FMS Application Runtime Platforms
- Understanding Flash Player Security, Camera and Microphone Settings
- Understanding Supported Media Types
- Flash Media Server Programming Languages and Application Development Tools
- Exploring FMS Directories and Files
- Understanding FMS 3 Editions
- Introducing the ActionScript 3 FLVPlayback Component
- Streaming Video Without Code
- Implementing Basic Player Controls
- Enhancing the Player with ActionScript
- Using FullScreen Mode
- Using Video Metadata
- Subscribing to Live Video
- Unit 4: Streaming Pre-Recorded Audio and Video
- Streaming Pre-Recorded Audio and Video
- Reviewing Streaming File Formats
- Setting up FMS for Streaming
- Core Classes for Streaming in ActionScript 3
- Introducing the NetConnection Class
- Exploring NetConnection Event Handling
- Streaming with ActionScript
- Exploring NetStream Event Handling
- Streaming-Only Playback Options
- Using Live Audio and Video
- Accessing the Microphone and Camera
- Optimizing Device Configuration
- Using the NetStream Class for Publishing
- Subscribing to Live Video
- Introducing Server Side ActionScript (SSAS)
- An Overview of SSAS Classes
- Working with the Application Class
- Managing Connection Re quests from Clients
- Working with the Client Class
- Using the NetConnection Class in SSAS
- Defining Social Media Applications
- Using Remote SharedObjects (RSO)
- Connecting to Remote SharedObjects
- Writing to Remote SharedObjects
- Reading Remote SharedObject Data
- Examining SharedObject Synchronization
- Remote Method Invocation
- Broadcasting One-Way Messages
- Special Uses for NetStream Messaging
- Client / Server Remote Method Invocation
- Appendix A: Student Setup Guide
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To gain the most from this class, you should already have: * Completed the Macromedia Flash 8: Flash Video Development course, or have equivalent experience * Knowledge of basic programming constructs including loops, functions, arrays, and objects * Knowledge of Web Server systems would be a benefit
Certificate of completion and course manual will be provided
- Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation/reschedule policy requires notification at least 10 business days before the class start date for a full refund. Please note that you are responsible for notifying NTG of your inability to attend class or you will be invoiced for the full payment.
Should you need to cancel in less than 10 business days before the start of the class, you will be given a 100% credit towards a future class that must be taken within 6 months of the start of the original class. If you are not able to reschedule to a future class, you will be charged 50% of the upfront registration fee.
Classes are subject to cancellation by NTG up to two weeks prior to the class date. It is important to keep this in mind before you purchase a non-refundable airline ticket.
- Map & Reviews
New Toronto Group
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 308 times.