Project Management: Fundamentals overviews the basics of project management. It provides the theory and core methodology you will need to manage projects or participate on project teams, and more.
- Course Outline
Project Management: Fundamentals overviews the basics of project management. It provides the theory and core methodology you will need to manage projects or participate on project teams.
This course does not make use of any project management software application, but instead focuses on the conceptual underpinnings that students must know in order to use any project management software application effectively.
Target Student: Students enrolling in this course should be planning to lead a project (primary audience) or serve on a project team (secondary audience).
- Discuss the phases of the Project Management Life Cycle and a project manager's role in each phase.
- List and discuss basic project success criteria and common reasons for project failure.
- Discuss techniques for setting up a strong project team.
- List and discuss elements of a Risk Management Plan.
- Discuss techniques for planning and sequencing project activities, including the Work Breakdown Structure and the Network Logic Diagram.
- Identify the Critical Path for completing a project on schedule.
- List and discuss the cost elements that should be included in a project budget.
- Discuss techniques for controlling for deviation from budgets and schedules.
- Discuss key elements of project management communications and reporting tools.
- Discuss key activities of project close-out.
Topic 1A: What is a Project?
Topic 1B: The Project Management Life Cycle
Topic 1C: The Role of the Project Manager
Lesson 2: Setting Up for Success
Topic 2A: The Meaning of Success
Topic 2B: What Happens in the Initiation Phase?
Topic 2C: Project Definition and Scope
Topic 2D: Putting Together a Statement of Work
Topic 2E: The Project Charter
Lesson 3: The Project Team
Topic 3A: The Teamwork Challenge
Topic 3B: Selecting Team Members
Topic 3C: The Team Charter
Lesson 4: Risk Management
Topic 4A: Project Risk
Lesson 5: Project Plans
Topic 5A: The Work Breakdown Structure
Topic 5B: Work Package Sequencing
Lesson 6: The Project Schedule
Topic 6A: The Scheduling Process
Topic 6B: Time Estimates
Lesson 7: The Project Budget
Topic 7A: What is a Budget?
Topic 7B: Creating a Preliminary Budget
Topic 7C: Budget and Schedule Balancing
Lesson 8: Project Tracking and Control
Topic 8A: Moving the Project Forward
Topic 8B: Monitoring for Project Progress
Topic 8C: Earned Value Analysis
Topic 8D: Getting Back on Track
Lesson 9: Project Reports
Topic 9A: Communications Overview
Topic 9B: Project Performance Reports
Topic 9C: Project Change Requests
Lesson 10: Project Close-out
Topic 10A: Elements of Close-out
Topic 10B: Evaluation of People and Projects
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To ensure your success, we recommend you have some working knowledge of your computer's operating system.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Students are required to give notice if they are unable to attend their class:
2 weeks (10 full business days) or longer prior to training date = full refund
1 to 2 weeks (5 - 9 full business days) prior to training date = 50% of course fee refund
Less than 1 week (4 full business days or fewer) prior to training date = 0% refund
NOTE: You may substitute classes or students at any time.
- Map & Reviews
New Era Technology Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2685 times.