In this course, you will increase the complexity of your Microsoft® Word 2003 documents by adding components such as customized lists, tables, charts, and graphics. You will also create personalized Microsoft® Word 2003 efficiency tools...
- Course Outline
In the first course in this series, Microsoft Word 2003 : Level 1, you gained all the basic skills that you need to create a wide range of standardized business documents. If you use Microsoft® Office Word 2003 on a regular basis, then once you have mastered the basic skills, the next step is to improve your proficiency. To do so, you can customize and automate the way Microsoft® Word 2003 works for you, and you can improve the quality of your work by enhancing your documents with customized Microsoft® Word 2003 elements. In this course, you will increase the complexity of your Microsoft® Word 2003 documents by adding components such as customized lists, tables, charts, and graphics. You will also create personalized Microsoft® Word 2003 efficiency tools.
Course Objective: You will add complexity to Microsoft® Office Word 2003 documents and create personalized efficiency tools in Microsoft® Word 2003.
Target Student: This course was designed for persons who can create and modify standard business documents in Microsoft® Word 2003, and who need to learn how to use Microsoft® Word 2003 to create or modify complex business documents as well as customized Word efficiency tools. It will be helpful for persons preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist exams for Microsoft® Word 2003.
Performance-Based Objectives Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- manage data in lists.
- customize tables and charts.
- customize formatting.
- work with custom styles.
- modify pictures in a document.
- create customized graphic elements.
- control text flow.
- automate common tasks.
- automate document creation.
- perform mail merges.
- Topic 1A: Sort a List
- Topic 1B: Restart a List
- Topic 1C: Create an Outline Numbered List
- Topic 1D: Customize List Appearance
- Topic 2A: Sort a Table
- Topic 2B: Modify Table Structure
- Topic 2C: Merge or Split Cells
- Topic 2D: Position Text in a Table Cell
- Topic 2E: Apply Borders and Shading
- Topic 2F: Perform Calculations in a Table
- Topic 2G: Create a Chart from a Word Table
- Topic 2H: Modify a Chart
- Topic 3A: Modify Character Spacing
- Topic 3B: Add Text Effects
- Topic 3C: Control Paragraph Flow
- Topic 4A: Create a Character or Paragraph Style
- Topic 4B: Modify an Existing Style
- Topic 4C: Create a List Style
- Topic 4D: Create a Table Style
- Topic 5A: Set Picture Contrast or Brightness
- Topic 5B: Crop a Picture
- Topic 5C: Wrap Text Around a Picture
- Topic 6A: Draw Shapes and Lines
- Topic 6B: Insert WordArt
- Topic 6C: Insert Text Boxes
- Topic 6D: Create Diagrams
- Topic 7A: Insert Section Breaks
- Topic 7B: Insert Columns
- Topic 7C: Link Text Boxes
- Topic 8A: Run a Macro
- Topic 8B: Create a Macro
- Topic 8C: Modify a Macro
- Topic 8D: Customize Toolbars and Buttons
- Topic 8E: Add Menu Items
- Topic 9A: Create a Document Based on a Template
- Topic 9B: Create a Document by Using a Wizard
- Topic 9C: Create or Modify a Template
- Topic 9D: Change the Default Template Location
- Topic 9E: Insert a MacroButton Field in a Template
- Topic 10A: The Mail Merge Process
- Topic 10B: Perform a Merge on Existing Documents
- Topic 10C: Merge Envelopes and Labels
- Topic 10D: Use Word to Create a Data Source
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students should be able to use Microsoft® Word 2003 to create, edit, format, save, and print basic business documents that contain text, basic tables, and simple graphics.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Students are required to give notice if they are unable to attend their class:
2 weeks (10 full business days) or longer prior to training date = full refund
1 to 2 weeks (5 - 9 full business days) prior to training date = 50% of course fee refund
Less than 1 week (4 full business days or fewer) prior to training date = 0% refund
NOTE: You may substitute classes or students at any time.
- Map & Reviews
New Era Technology Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2010 times.