Word processing is the use of computers to create, revise, and save documents. This course is the first in a series of three Microsoft® Office Word 2003 courses. It will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce basic business documents.
- Course Outline
Word processing is the use of computers to create, revise, and save documents for printing and future retrieval. This course is the first in a series of three Microsoft® Office Word 2003 courses. It will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce basic business documents.
Course Objective: You will create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using Microsoft® Office Word 2003.
Target Student: Persons with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows who need to learn how to use Microsoft® Word 2003 to create, edit, format, lay out, and print standard business documents complete with tables and graphics. This course is intended for persons interested in pursuing Microsoft Office Specialist certification in Microsoft® Word 2003.
Performance-Based Objectives Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a basic document.
- edit documents by locating and modifying text.
- format text.
- format paragraphs.
- use Word tools to make your documents more accurate.
- add tables to a document.
- add graphic elements to a document.
- control a document's page setup and its overall appearance.
- Topic 1A: The Word Environment
- Topic 1B: Get Help Using Word
- Topic 1C: Enter Text
- Topic 1D: Save a New Document
- Topic 1E: Preview a Document
- Topic 1F: Print a Document
- Topic 2A: Navigate in a Document
- Topic 2B: Insert Text
- Topic 2C: Select Text
- Topic 2D: Create an AutoText Entry
- Topic 2E: Move and Copy Text
- Topic 2F: Delete Blocks of Text
- Topic 2G: Undo Changes
- Topic 2H: Find and Replace Text
- Topic 3A: Change Font and Size
- Topic 3B: Apply Font Styles and Effects
- Topic 3C: Change Text Color
- Topic 3D: Highlight Text
- Topic 3E: Copy Formats
- Topic 3F: Clear Formatting
- Topic 3G: Find and Replace Text Formatting
- Topic 4A: Set Tabs
- Topic 4B: Change Paragraph Alignment
- Topic 4C: Indent Paragraphs
- Topic 4D: Add Borders and Shading
- Topic 4E: Apply Styles
- Topic 4F: Create Lists
- Topic 4G: Change Spacing Between Paragraphs and Lines
- Topic 5A: Use the Thesaurus
- Topic 5B: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic 5C: Create a New Default Dictionary
- Topic 5D: Check Word Count
- Topic 5E: Modify a Document in Print Preview
- Topic 6A: Create a Table
- Topic 6B: Enter Data in a Table
- Topic 6C: AutoFormat a Table
- Topic 6D: Convert Text into a Table
- Topic 7A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic 7B: Insert a Clip Art Picture
- Topic 7C: Add a Watermark
- Topic 8A: Set Page Orientation
- Topic 8B: Change Page Margins
- Topic 8C: Apply a Page Border
- Topic 8D: Add Headers and Footers
- Topic 8E: Insert a Page Break
- Appendix A: Microsoft Office Specialist Program
- Prerequisites & Certificates
This course assumes that you are familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard (basic typing skills are recommended). You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on your computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Students are required to give notice if they are unable to attend their class:
2 weeks (10 full business days) or longer prior to training date = full refund
1 to 2 weeks (5 - 9 full business days) prior to training date = 50% of course fee refund
Less than 1 week (4 full business days or fewer) prior to training date = 0% refund
NOTE: You may substitute classes or students at any time.
- Map & Reviews
New Era Technology Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1563 times.