If you're ready to step up & take charge, this program prepares you for the challenges & rewards of your first managerial role. You learn practical skills & effective techniques to help establish yourself & gain trust and credibility in your new role.
- Course Outline
If You're Ready To Step Up And Take Charge, This Program Prepares You For The Challenges And Rewards Of Your First Managerial Role
You learn practical skills and effective techniques to help establish yourself and gain trust and credibility in your new role.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand your new managerial responsibilities - make a quick, effective transition to your new role
- Establish credibility and effective work styles
- Build alliances with peer Managers
- Master the basics of coaching, communication, motivation, delegation and performance management
- Practice your listening and feedback skills
- Become an effective member of the management team
- How to build successful relationships with Managers, peers and direct reports
- Know what is expected of a Manager
- Learn how to “flex” your management style to manage with more confidence
- Seven rules of effective/corrective feedback and when to use them How to align organizational interests with the individual’s interests
- Understand the who, what, when and why of coaching
- What to and what not to delegate
- How to motivate and create a positive work environment
Course Outline Learning Objectives
- Understand the role of a Manager
- Appreciate the difference between being a Manager and being an individual contributor
- Employ new management functions for the 21st Century
- Understand your style and the styles of those around you
- Learn to “flex” your style so that you can be more effective as a Manager
- Improve your communication skills
- Enhance your listening skills
- Use effective open-ended questions
- Know when and how to give feedback
- Coach your employees
- Get work done through others by delegating
- Set and assign goals for your direct reports
- Recognize and reward your direct reports
- Identify the difference between being a Manager and being an individual contributor
- Define the new additional functions of management needed for the 21st Century
- Understand and use style as a management tool Know your own style
- Identify and understand the styles of others
- Learn how to “flex” your management style to improve your managerial effectiveness
- Listen at a new level
- Use open-ended questions as a communication tool
- Use paraphrasing as a listening technique
- Use empathy to clarify and improve your listening skills
- Understand the power of words in the communication process
- Understand the types of feedback and when and how to use each
- Understand coaching in the management context
- Know when and how to coach an employee
- Utilize the two types of coaching
- Know why and when to delegate
- Recognize delegation myths
- Follow a model for delegating work to your employees
- Setting Goals
- Understand the difference between a vision and a goal
- Know how to devise SMART goals
- Define motivation
- Understand the cycle of productivity
- Understand your own ability to motivate your employees
- Develop your own top ten list of ways to motivate employees
Click here for information on your course instructor, Donald Carmont.
Read Client Testimonials Here.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
If you cannot attend a seminar for which you have paid and are confirmed and cannot find a substitute to take your place, notify us by email or fax no later than 15 business days prior to your session's start date to transfer or for a complete refund.
If you cancel with 15 business days or less before the start date of that course, and cannot find a replacement for yourself, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. Once your payment has been received and a cancellation administration fee of $250 has been paid, you will receive one courtesy transfer to use in any future Canadian Management Centre seminar* of equal or lesser value. The complimentary transfer must be used within one year of the original cancelled session. We will also work with you if the courtesy transfer needs to be substituted within your organization.
For cancellations received 5 business days or less in advance of the session start date or if you fail to attend without notifying us in writing, in fairness to all attendees, neither a refund nor a courtesy transfer will be issued.
- Map & Reviews
Canadian Management Centre
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 286 times.